CMVS advice

Burgers5750

Kabuki Klasher
Hi,

I'm about to purchase a CMVS unit and I'm looking for some advice from the forum please (apologies if this has been covered in other threads):

Is it advisable to enter into the world of CMVS's without and knowledge of electronics and working knowledge of the system?

Should technical faults occur what's the access to knowledgeable people to help/fix?

Without a Unibios will I still be able to run a 161-1 multicart?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated...

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
The Unibios works fine with the multi. There are plenty of people who can help with technical advice.

You don't need an engineering degree to have a cmvs. If they are made well, they last. Therein lies the problem, if you are going to have technical issues it would mostly be due to the builder not doing something right, so it's best to buy one from one of the good builders who stand behind their work. Xian Xi at Jamma Nation X the best imo. The Omega is a good unit as well.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Buy from someone trustworthy like Xian Xi or the Omega, as they are quality options. Regarding your questions:

You don't need electronics or technical experience unless you're building one yourself. If you buy from quality members, this minimizes the risk of error and, should something come up, here's plenty of knowledge base here to assist.

Your 161 will work with and without a unibios. I have a 161 and use it on a MV1-FZS with unibios and it works perfectly.

Doom

Crossed Swords Squire
I think the Omega is pretty amazing. I had to send mine back for Quan to solve a compatibility problem with some Sony consumer tubes but he's very involved and caring about his product and the build of the Omega felt top notch.

sr20det510

Whip's Subordinate
Once you decide on a CMVS, you must look up the NeoSD, it looks to be a great product!
I think it's superior to the multicarts.

Burgers5750

Kabuki Klasher
Thanks for the advice!

I've taken the advice on-board and I'm on the hunt for some individual carts to add to my collection.

The NeoGeoSD is waaay out of my price range at the moment.