Classic Game Room Shutting Down

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
I think those youtube "income" numbers are inflated, youtube takes a pretty high % of that

a real job pays more
icon10.gif

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
to me seeing cgr go is a end of an era kind of thing.loved mark and his passion for the genesis/megadrive and atari.his videos was the reason i got into the atari.

but on the other hand, i'm so glad that undertow are going belly up as well.i always hated derek and his nintendo fanboy bull shit.this guy is probably the biggest nintendo cock sucker on the world wide web.he would review timeless classics and give them shit reviews purely on the fact that the game wasn't released on a nintendo console.and he would review a very average nintendo game and declare it the greatest game of the year.every little move nintendo did was REVOLUTIONARY according to the faggot.

so yea,hate seeing mark go but hope derek never makes another video again.

juanjuan

World Soccer '96
CGR is the first YouTube gaming channel that I ever got in to. In fact, it's probably the first YouTube channel about anything that I ever got in to. If it weren't for CGR, I doubt I would have a YouTube show. Sorry to see him go but after that many years of doing it full-time, I doubt it's all that fun anymore.

I love CGR and will be very sad to see him go. His taste in games is very similar to mine and I've always found his goofy sense of humor to be refreshing among all the cynical and "angry" channels that are so prevalent in youtube.

Having said that, I'm glad to hear he influenced other quality shows such as yours. Keep it up man!

celeritas

Mr. Big's Thug
I didn't discover Mark until the last couple of years and I got introduced to a lot of obscure games through his reviews. Not all of them are good, but I do like some of the videos he's made.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
It was good to inflate some prices, but it seems the shows popularity was inflated, too. Nothing as essential, as Nerd is, and not nearly simpatico as n-g.com's own reviews. So, in a nutshell, at first one would have to care, in order to regret the absence.

Zapperkhan

Kula's Candy
The outdated formula was ~3 dollars per 1000 ad impressions. I'd imagine a lot of these entertainers have negotiated higher since. Adblock saturation is anywhere from 5-40% of viewers. You can definitely make some coin via ads. No life twitch streamer can maintain a middle class income with 60 hours of streaming a week with 500-1000 concurrent viewers at about 1:30 of ads per hour plus subscriptions.

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
I'm surprised CGR never jumped on the patreon bandwagon. Seems like they could have maintained that way, but maybe he's more interested in running a webcomic.

Zapperkhan

Kula's Candy
I'm surprised CGR never jumped on the patreon bandwagon. Seems like they could have maintained that way, but maybe he's more interested in running a webcomic.

Sounded like he was aware of it but didn't want to evolve in the same way everyone else was. Just wanted to do it his way.