Chrono Trigger DS (rumor)

Soniku

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
That site basically confirms it.

I wonder if it'll be a 3d remake... At least if it is, it won't make the cancellation of the 3d fan remake project a total loss.

I never really understood all the love for this game... I own it, but I could never really get into it.

This makes me want to try it out again, especially since the furthest I ever got was meeting the cavegirl... Maybe it gets more interesting after a while.

Shawn Carr2o

6200|!!|Drillslug Driver
I really liked playing Chrono Trigger on the SNES and PS1 but I couldn't defeat the boss Lavos. I hope that the DS version has the same graphics as the SNES version, cutscenes and enhance them but if it does go the 3D route I'd still buy the game. :D :cool:

Biohazard53

B. Jenet's Firstmate
I will buy a DS just for this game without a doubt, Chrono Trigger is my favorite RPG

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
As I am knee-deep in the Japanese version of FFIV, this comes as music to my fucking ears. Long overdue. One of the best games of all time.

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
Now if only Nintendo would stop dicking around and give us the Mother/Earthbound games. I seriously do not understand why they refuse to release them over here. They won't even give us Earthbound on Virtual Console.

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
Now if only Nintendo would stop dicking around and give us the Mother/Earthbound games. I seriously do not understand why they refuse to release them over here. They won't even give us Earthbound on Virtual Console.

I want these as well. My only guess is that Nintendo doesn't think they will sell very well.

I mean I always read about people wanting the Mother games released in the USA but maybe that is a really loud, small group?

genjiglove

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
I want these as well. My only guess is that Nintendo doesn't think they will sell very well.

I mean I always read about people wanting the Mother games released in the USA but maybe that is a really loud, small group?

I guess so, but I really don't believe that Earthbound would be any less popular than say, Fire Emblem. It took them forever to release a FE game over here but now they come out all the time.

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
I guess so, but I really don't believe that Earthbound would be any less popular than say, Fire Emblem. It took them forever to release a FE game over here but now they come out all the time.

Well, I would buy any of the Mother games if they were released here. I almost imported the GBA versions because there are some pretty good fan sites that translate the games.

As for Fire Emblem, they may have brought that out because it is a tactics type game and those still sell (and are released). They may feel that Mother is too old school to catch on. I know that it is an RPG but different from most of what gets released now days.

Ruell

, I FORGOT MY SECRET SANTA OBLIGATION. FUCK ME, RI
Chrono Trigger on the DS would be cool. If it's just a direct port, I'll either wait for the price drop or rent form blockbuster. DS games are getting too expensive nowadays from Square.

Gotenks326

Chin's Bartender
Good news, but I was hoping it'd be a 3D remake like FFIV (can already play it on the go with SNES or PSX emulation).

Lime2K

Host for Orochi
from AnimeNewsNetwork.com
Chrono Trigger with Toriyama Designs Announced for DS
posted on 2008-07-03 05:38 EDT

Square Enix has officially confirmed that it will port Chrono Trigger, the classic 1995 fantasy role-playing game with character designs by Dragon Ball manga creator Akira Toriyama, to the Nintendo DS portable console by the end of the year. Square Enix had launched a teaser site earlier this week. A short parody anime was made from the Jikū Bōken Nūmamonjā gag manga and screened at the V Jump Festival '96 event in 1996, but it shared little in common with the game. Toei Animation did adapt Toriyama's designs for newly animated in-game movies in the 1999 Sony PlayStation port, but Square Enix has yet to announce if those movies will be in the Nintendo DS port.

Yeah!!!!!!

shirt

Andy's Clothes Designer
Well, I would buy any of the Mother games if they were released here. I almost imported the GBA versions because there are some pretty good fan sites that translate the games.

http://starmen.net has been working on the patch for Mother 3 for like 2 years. Current status is "it's finished when it's finished."

There is a translation out there somewhere for Mother 1 which at one point I had loaded onto a GBA with a flash cart years ago. Never got to finish it, awesome game though.

Last edited:

dark penguin

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
http://starmen.net has been working on the patch for Mother 3 for like 2 years. Current status is "it's finished when it's finished."

There is a translation out there somewhere for Mother 1 which at one point I had loaded onto a GBA with a flash cart years ago. Never got to finish it, awesome game though.

I await the day a proper patch is released. I have the rom ready and waiting. Looks like a brilliant game.

And Re: the thread topic....looks like the DS is turning into an unstoppable RPG and Tactical RPG machine. I really need to catch up on my DS gaming.