Christmas Warhawk!

hanafuda

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
'Tis the season of goodwill to all men, so let's get on with some festive killing.

Tomorrow morning 24th of December at 9:00am Tokyo time GMT +9 I'm going to set up a Warhawk server.

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

Server name will be hanafuda.

No passwords and an open game, but I'm going to keep 6 buddy slots open so anyone on my buddy list should be able to get in without issue. If anyone thinks that 6 is too few then let me know. The game should be a 24 player one (it usually is when I host).

If you haven't played for a bit, you'll need to upgrade to version 1.2, which you will be prompted to do as soon as you log in.

It will be a rotating map, and I'll throw at least 2 Omega Dawn maps in there, so you'll need to have the Omega Dawn booster pack to join. Judging by the state of play yesterday, the booster pack seems very popular so nobody should have an issue with this. At the end of the day it adds more variety, and the drop ships look like fun even though I have yet to get in one: I prefer blowing them out of the sky.

Noobs and lurkers welcome.

If anyone wants me to add them to my friend list, just send me an invite and I'll add you. A brief note to say you are from NG.com would be cool.

hanafuda

SpamYouToDeath said:
I'd play if I had the addon pack.

Do you not intend to pick it up?

I'm happy to go with the majority, but for anyone that has the pack they will be keen to get some play out of it. I know I am. GD said that he has the pack too.

I'll check back here tomorrow before I launch the server and see what the general opinion is.

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
I'm gonna wait 'till it's free.

Does it let you still join in when a map you have comes up on rotation? I've got time and want to play. :annoyed:

Last edited:

SpamYouToDeath

15 Year Member
So, is this not happenning or am I off a day? (or something else?)

hanafuda

SpamYouToDeath said:
So, is this not happenning or am I off a day? (or something else?)

Server is up.

I woke up about half an hour late and have a bit of a hangover...

I didn't add Omega Dawn so anyone can get in.

4 friend slots.

Server is pretty packed right now.

hanafuda

That worked out quite well.

I got kicked out of the PSN at some point in the morning while I was getting breakfast, but other than that the server was up until about 19:15.

@ Spam

Had some good matches. Highlight for me was probably when I first realised you were playing, and it was on one of the tight deathmatch maps. I got the binoculars right at the start and called an air strike on your ass, along with three other guys! There were bodies flying everywhere. That was a great headstart for the ranking.

Some good teamwork in the tank too, although if you are the second one into the tank (which I was) you need to have a pretty decent arsenal at hand to be effective.

SpamYouToDeath

15 Year Member
You and your air strike. Pffft. :mad:

I probably could have done better in the tank, but I was kinda tired and didn't feel like putting much effort in. Also, when I finally quit, I realized that I still had headsets muted.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
US PS3

I've been playing Warhawk alot.,,Though I'm not great at the game I love it.

But I can't get into certain matches because I need to download some $7.99 map pack.

I don't want to put a Credit card in the PS3 to buy the map pack(or am I stuck)

The other payment method is.

PlayStation Network Card

Where the heck do I get that?

I only see Japanese/Yen cards on ebay and Gamestop turns up nothing for it via a search.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
chris1 said:
I don't want to put a Credit card in the PS3 to buy the map pack(or am I stuck)

uh, why not? its perfectly safe.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
kernow said:
uh, why not? its perfectly safe.

Ok..Thanks..

I just don't feel ike putting"anything" else on my Credit Card..

I'd just buy one of the PlayStation Network Cards if i could get one.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
you can use a normal visa card too, doesn't have to be a credit card .. .

hanafuda

I used credit card for my first few PSN purchases. Didn't have any issues and you can wipe the details off your account so it is no less safe than using your credit card anywhere else really.

The pack is well worth it as it is very popular. If you like the game you'll get your money's worth from the booster pack.

Throw me a friend request, I was playing Warhawk this morning with SpamYouToDeath. Took me a while to get into it though: bit of a hangover and had yet to consume coffee...

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
Anyone off off today, and wanna play some Warhawk? Now I'm gonna give this Turok demo another try before I delete it.