Chinese Everdrive: The Bootception

mookie3three

Mr. Big's Thug
So many Mega Drive boots on Ali Express. Never realised how many there were. Anyone had one of these Everdrive clones before?

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
I'm convinced the main driver behind a lot of these dirt cheap Chinese boots are to ship radioactive material out of the country bit by bit.

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
#IStandWithKrikzz

SmokeMonster

Morden's Lackey
The clones are based on really old hardware and are famously prone to failure. They also have a funny way of irreversibly bricking if anything other than the stock os is loaded. They might seem like a good short term value, but they lack two of the Everdrive's best features: a lifetime warranty and relatively frequent updates that often add new features.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
The clones are based on really old hardware and are famously prone to failure. They also have a funny way of irreversibly bricking if anything other than the stock os is loaded. They might seem like a good short term value, but they lack two of the Everdrive's best features: a lifetime warranty and relatively frequent updates that often add new features.

Exactly. Fuck this cheap shit.

P.S.- Look what else is going around on Aliexpress:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/RPG-Game-Cartridge-Earthbound-English-Language-Save-File-USA-Version/32370986354.html

Glad I bought an SD2SNES (from krikzz) so I never have to deal with this bullshit again. :oh_no: