Character Differences in Last Blade 1 and 2

RATM

Zack de la Neo,
I've played last Blade 2 and aboslutely loved it. I'm interesting in checking out the original but hear some of the characters play differently (different moves etc.) How different do the characters in the prequel play compared to the sequel?

daybona

Juz,
Muruko is WAY better than Shikyo.

Kaede is now in his fully powered up mode.

LB2 mostly added new characters and gameplay, didn't change the existing ones too much.

There are more differences although they don't spring to mind. Duece, an old member here, wrote a brilliant faq for both lb1 and 2 which i still refer to this day. Its located at gamefaqs.com

E=MC2

Ass Troll,, Ignorant, , , , (Do Not Resuscitate)
the grapple character with the batt changed fucking much from 1 to 2. most where only small changes though.

EX_Andy

Vanessa's Drinking Bud,
It's been a while since I bothered with either game, but generally speaking, pretty much all LB2 characters are uniformly better than their LB1 versions.

If you were concerned that you might missing a whole lot since you haven't played the first game, don't be.

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
EX_Andy said:
pretty much all LB2 characters are uniformly better than their LB1 versions.
I disagree with that totally. Yuki is gimped in LB2. As mentioned above, Mukoro blows away Shikyoh. Also, Kaede with the option to Awaken in mid-fight is a lot more fun than permanently Awakened Kaede. The whole point of Kaede is the DBZ-type transformation mid-fight... without that he is a very boring character. Akari is gimped in LB2. Washizuka was really good in LB1, but you could argue for either. Moriya, Shingen, and the rest were all better in LB2 I think, but there are a couple I never played much so I could be wrong.

LB2 is a game you play for the new characters... the returning cast was weaker in more cases than not.