Cave finally makes their own Touhou shmup

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member

It's a horizontal bullet-hell shmup, and it's packed with content (stages, story modes, playable characters, etc).
I've been playing it for a few weeks now, and I think it's pretty good for what it is.

Oh, and before anyone asks: Yes, this is a free-to-play game for smartphones. You weren't actually expecting a new arcade/console game, were you?

:buttduck:

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
Yeah, saw this. Looks real bad.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
I mean, you're the expert here. You know there's far worse

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member
I mean, you're the expert here. You know there's far worse
As far as commercially released shmups go, I can't think of any that would be considered "worse" than Deathsmiles 2 in this context. But if we're talking about other genres, I'd say SNK's own DokiMajo trilogy probably pushes it further.

KGRAMR

Another Striker

It's a horizontal bullet-hell shmup, and it's packed with content (stages, story modes, playable characters, etc).
I've been playing it for a few weeks now, and I think it's pretty good for what it is.

Oh, and before anyone asks: Yes, this is a free-to-play game for smartphones. You weren't actually expecting a new arcade/console game, were you?

:buttduck:
Well, what a waste for the Touhou IP in my opinion.
Cave is dead.
How fucking sad is it that Tatsujin ( the company comprised of former Toaplan members) are using the Toaplan games they have the rights to more than Cave. What kind of fucked up logic is that? X'D

Although to be honest, i'm somewhat worried for them, given that they're under the umbrella of Embracer Group. The axe could be coming down to Tatsujin at any moment and strip them of the Toaplan IPs, which would royally suck ass :(

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
giphy.gif