Capcom Puzzle World has the alt versions of Puzzle Fighter from the import Dreamcast

Pink Spider

Beast Buster
3 different play modes, X, Y and Z from the import Dreamcast version are in.
X mode is the standard game, Y mode is like Sega's Columns game, and Z is where you get a 4 space cursor to rotate and match blocks on the game field as they rise from below.
Not to mention Buster Brothers, Super Buster Brothers, Buster Buddies, and Block Block
:buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock:

Vectorman0

SouthTown StreetSweeper
20 Year Member
I'm all over this, I've been eyeing it since I saw the promo boxes at EB/Gamestop 6 months ago. I'd pay retail even if it only had one of each series.

Vectorman0

SouthTown StreetSweeper
20 Year Member
Okay, it looks like IGN thrashed this one pretty badly in their review and the only good thing they had to say about it was that it had Super Puzzle Fighter II on it. I would imagine if it wasn't for that it would have gotten a few points lower than the low 6.9 it already got. Maybe I should wait until this one drops in price.

Pink Spider

Beast Buster
Fuck IGN and any reviews. It's 30 bucks. If ya like the games on the collection and want it, why wait a month or two to save $10.
Puzzle Fighter alone is worth it for me. Back when the PS1/Saturn ports came out, I was working part-time and spent may overnights playing Vs. mode with groups of friends till the sun came up.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
Yep, I need to pick this bad boy up. Didn't have time to today, but will hopefully pick it up tomorrow. I'm with Ron on this. I got the Saturn version and remember getting to the point where I could smear the computer on the hardest setting. Nothing like playing against a human though. My best bud and I had some of the best battles in that game. Woot to Capcom keeping the love strong for the PSP!:D

Lime2K

Host for Orochi
Does anyone else have crashing problems with this?

I'm on 3.10OE' (yes, the updated one). Anytime I go into the illustrations gallery, I hardcrash...

(Oh, and they forgot the "KO" at the end of the round in SPF2T! Lame!)

Pink Spider

Beast Buster
Lime2K said:
Does anyone else have crashing problems with this?

I'm on 3.10OE' (yes, the updated one). Anytime I go into the illustrations gallery, I hardcrash...

(Oh, and they forgot the "KO" at the end of the round in SPF2T! Lame!)

Played 3 games of Puzzle Fighter so far and flipped through the illustrations after seeing your post, no issues, but I'm on 3.02

BIG

sony fanboy
Ron McRae said:
Played 3 games of Puzzle Fighter so far and flipped through the illustrations after seeing your post, no issues, but I'm on 3.02

Glad I haven't updated the shiznit...

B-

Kirk Foiden

James Tiberius,
What?! Boy did they not advertise that. I'm going to have to pick it up. Heck, since the Dreamcast version, I never bothered with any other because every other port Dropped the Dreamcast modes. This is great news!!! Finally, a version to match the quality of the Dreamcast version.

Gameoz

Crossed Swords Knight
15 Year Member
I didn't realize the Buster Bros games were on this. I always loved those games, are they any good in this collection?

Kirk Foiden

James Tiberius,
Buster Brothers is definitely great stuff. I have these exact versions on the console, but they also make great portable games. Like the Pirates game I just purchased for the PSP, I'll definitely have to snag this up, pronto.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Probably much better than the GBA one, which was lacking, IMO.

Kirk Foiden

James Tiberius,
The Buster Brothers games are pretty much the entire contents as previously released on the Playstation version of the Buster Brothers collection. Can't really say anything is lost in the coversion, they seem to play as perfectly as they did in the arcade. Not that the Playstation version was anything to scoff at, either.

In a way, I have these games on console, but divided between multiple consoles. They make even better portable games, so it's nice for something on the go.