Capcom Fighting Evolution vs NeoGeo Battle Coliseum

• Capcom Fighting Evolution

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • NeoGeo Battle Coliseum

Votes: 18 90.0%

• Total voters

ShmengeTravel

Mature's Make-up Artist
Which do you think is better? As big a Capcom fan as I am, and even though I really like some of the music in CFJ, I think I'm going to have to go with NGBC.

soulthug

Wannabe Thug,, born 1991
15 Year Member
I haven't played NGBC, but i know for a fact is is better than CFJ.

It must be.

Ajax

way more american than wyo, way more
15 Year Member
I've heard that CFJ is pretty bad. Many, many people have talked me out of buying it.

NGBC, on the other hand, owns. There are a lot of naysayers of that game, too. But, they seem to follow everything Playmore does, always saying the same old stuff, whether it's true or not. NGBC is great.

KagerouSama

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
15 Year Member
CFJ is bad. Still fun though.
Especially if you're a Guile/M. Bison user.

Pyron is an easy battle with Guile. Just wait him out charging down back and somersault him when he appears in front of you or above you.

But, yeah. NGBC has to be better than CFJ.

qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member
lol

Same boat here. I have never played NGBC, and I've only spent (maybe) about 30 minutes with CFJ, but NGBC must be better. It couldn't possibley be worse.

Even when CFJ came out, comp at the arcade was a trickle at best, then it just died after about 2-3 weeks or so.

Ajax

15 Year Member
I'm not so sure about the validity of thie poll. You're comparing a sub par game to a well above average one.

It's like comparing Street Fighter: The Movie to Last Blade. There really is no comparison, outside the fact that they are both fighting games. So, to the peeps who haven't played NGBC, don't let this poll contaminate your thoughts about it. It is an excellent game. One of my favorite fighting games ever. If you're an SNK fan, it's like a dream.

qube

Canadian Moderator
20 Year Member
I didn't vote in the poll at all. Having not played NGBC, and having limited experience w/ CFJ, I don't feel I'm qualified to vote.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
My ingrown toenail is better than CFE.

I actually would have preferred it if Capcom released Capcom Fighting All-Stars instead of this, which looked all sorts of shitty.

At least that had Haggar.

Ajax

15 Year Member
I was really looking forward to Capcom Fighting All Stars... :emb: I thought it looked fine. It had Strider Hiryu in it. Sick!

ResO

water damaged
20 Year Member
Aaron D said:
I was really looki ng forward to Capcom Fighting All Stars... :emb: I thought it looked fine. It had Strider Hiryu in it. Sick!
You could also play as Poison from Final Fight. What a fucking waste that it never was released, hopefully one of the boards from the beta test will eventually surface one day.

Ajax

15 Year Member
ResOGlas said:
You could also play as Poison from Final Fight. What a fucking waste that it never was released, hopefully one of the boards from the beta test will eventually surface one day.

Oh yeah! I remember that, now that you mention it... What a shame. At least it would have been something a bit different.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
qube said:
I didn't vote in the poll at all. Having not played NGBC, and having limited experience w/ CFJ, I don't feel I'm qualified to vote.

I have played both of them a lot in all modes but I'm still unable to vote because this is a classical apples-to-oranges comparison.

NGBC basically is KoF+ with questionable visuals but nice gameplay, CFJ is a mix of several Capcom fighting games with well-known charas, excellent Shinkiro illustrations but nothing we haven't seen or played before... and the Red Earth charas feel totally out of place, although it's kinda cool to battle it out with a SFZ2 Guy vs a Parry beast like Urien, I had lots of fun with Alpha vs 3s pairings like that.

E=MC2

Ass Troll,, Ignorant, , , , (Do Not Resuscitate)
havent played cfj, might even have it on ps2......? dont know if its released or not didnt even check it out. ngbc i can tell you that it sucked big time, especially after playing older better games such as older kofs and whatever. why even bother with cfj when you could play sf3ts if you want a great capcom fighter. why did they even bother bringing this piece of shit out?

Maury V.

Lucky Glauber's #1 Fan,
NGBC because they have a nice number of characters, better presentation, no re-used sprites, and playing as characters that haven't been in a fighting game for a long time feels good! The rivalry between Hanzo and Fumma is back; giving Kisarah a new look (and desperation move) is cool; and making Marco playable in a fighting game is geinus!

CFJ has no real interation between characters anyone cares about; the characters were thrown in there just because; and the special grooves for characters from their respected games takes the fun out of playing because one groove could have either an advantage or disadvantage over the opponent.

Freeman-12

Rugal's Thug
CFE is an OK so long as you know how to play it(Psychronic's FAQ in GameFAQs)
Also comparing these 2 games is a bit 'unfair' in a way, BUT I can guarantee you that NGBC is better.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Seroiously, why is this even a question?

CFJ is decent to have just because you get to pley with warzard characters, perhaps it would off been a better game if it had a tag system, or if the game systems where available as grooves or something like that. Don't get me wrong the game can be fun everynow and then.

NGBC is the better of the 2 there's no question about it. Reasons? The game speaks for itself.

YeldellGW

Bartender,
20 Year Member
I've played CFJ/E on the PS2. It was okay for the most part, but after unlocking everyone, it got old fast. Being able to use charcters with different settings from the games they appeared in might have been a novel idea, but it wouldn't have saved the game imo (Don't see myself using anything other the Vampire style anyway. Yes I love the Vampire games just that much!). Much as people bitch about SNKP reusing sprites, at least they attemp to make the characters look like they belong in the same game for the most part (WTF is Capcom's excuse with this game?!). The Warzard characters were a dissappointment. More of Capcom's tired poke whoring and keep away crap! Not an actual fighter among the bunch from what I've seen. Some of the best Vampire moves got shafted. Once again Anarkaris doesn't have his projectile shallowing and return moves among other goodies. Demitri and Felicia's Hunter and Savior movelist got mixed and matched together. Chun-Li's on the SF3 team, robbing more deserving SF3 characters of the spot. Shin Akuma's once again the hidden boss (Capcom, try something new for pete's sake!). The ony good thing about the game was that Karin, Alex, Yun and Bison (SF2 style, maybe...) made a return appearance and the music. Also, the lack of a tag feature is probably the only other good point of the game imo.

Still haven't played NGBC, but from what I've seen from the mook I acquired and Youtube vids, it looks promising. It already gets marks for featuring characters I thought I'd never see again in any fighting game, Hanzou, Fuuma, Choushu, Chourei, Tung and Lee. Still, I don't care for Samurai Spirits characters using 3 slash and 1 kick layout when everyone else; inclucing Last Blade characters have 2 punch/slash and 2 kick layouts in the game. The game could have used less fireball/uppercut characters as well.

Despite all that, NGBC looks to be bettet than it's Capcom counterpart by miles. Now if I can track down some soundtrack data on it...