Can't...stop..playing..Last Blade 2

RATM

Zack de la Neo,
I just got LB2 on my MVS, and all I can say is "wow." I haven't been this addicted to a video game since I was in high school. I fear what this new addiction might lead to.

Snuh

Sieger's Squire
I have just received Last Blade 2 as well on AES and it is a great game. Love the animation. Many people say that Last Blade 1 is better though. You should give that game a try as well.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Nope, Last Blade 2 is better, but it's not a huge step up. It will be a little hard going back now, but you might appreciate the opportunity for some different backgrounds and music.

Lee Gray

Better Than Krauser
20 Year Member
Both are great games but for me 1 has the edge as basically both play the same but there are two bosses to beat in one and I always like a game more when they give the players their own individual backdrops

love the neat touches too on the level intro scene and the vast amount of things going on in the backgrounds is amazing, not like some games where the backdrop just has recycled movement but the way the birds move about and fly off every now and then it just adds a lot to the game

2 has a neat double intro and again you cant fault the backdrops, both these games are really enjoyable to play and pleasing to the eye at the same time

Last edited:

Zenimus

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
Last Blade 2 is truly awesome. I would say it's probably become my favorite Neo Geo game. It's got such great atmosphere and sound, a good selection of characters, and a final boss that's hard without being too cheap.

Amano rocks!

Neo Ash

NG.com Audiophile, Club Member,
RATM said:
I just got LB2 on my MVS, and all I can say is "wow." I haven't been this addicted to a video game since I was in high school. I fear what this new addiction might lead to.
Glad you got the game okay. Enjoy! One of the best games for the system.

ViewtifulZFO

Street Hoop Star
I have the DC version of LB2. Are there any huge differences (other than loading times, of course) between that and the MVS version? I have played both, but I couldn't see huge differences.

Regardless, it is pretty awesome.

Snuh

Sieger's Squire
ViewtifulZFO said:
I have the DC version of LB2. Are there any huge differences (other than loading times, of course) between that and the MVS version? I have played both, but I couldn't see huge differences.

Regardless, it is pretty awesome.

I have both version now. And the differences are pretty minor. I think the DC translation is pretty damn good. But as for differences. Well aside from the blood and the body split fatalities, I heard there is one difference. On the stage with the burning house, the DC version supposedly doesnt have the heat distortion caused by the flames in the MVS/AES version. But its a good translation I mean they even kept the original MVS/AES PCB music on the Dreamcast CD version when they could have taken the NGCD remixed version.

ViewtifulZFO

Street Hoop Star
Snuh said:
I have both version now. And the differences are pretty minor. I think the DC translation is pretty damn good. But as for differences. Well aside from the blood and the body split fatalities, I heard there is one difference. On the stage with the burning house, the DC version supposedly doesnt have the heat distortion caused by the flames in the MVS/AES version. But its a good translation I mean they even kept the original MVS/AES PCB music on the Dreamcast CD version when they could have taken the NGCD remixed version.

Whoa, wait...there's fatalities? How did I miss that? Maybe I'm too busy trying to learn how to parry with good timing.

Snuh

Sieger's Squire
ViewtifulZFO said:
Whoa, wait...there's fatalities? How did I miss that? Maybe I'm too busy trying to learn how to parry with good timing.

Its just random fatalities when you do a hard slash. I think you have to use MVS mode and go into the soft dip settings then turn the "cruel fight" option on.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I've got to say that LB2 is one of the best Neo Geo games I've ever played.
It's defintely up there with MOTW and SS2.

And I must agree with Zenimus, Amano rocks!