Bust-A-Move Again Boot

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
Hey guys,

I'm pretty sure this one is a no brainer, but so far I believe this is the first boot I've encountered. I purchased the cart off eBay after the seller assured me through private messaging that it was legitimate.

First thing I noticed when I opened the package was that there was a holo label hidden underneath the crappy repro label they had put on the cart. I peeled off the repro label and there is a Blazing Star holo label intact underneath.

Here's a pic of the cart, then the boards. They are official SNK boards of the right type, but the chips are all windowed EEPROMs.

7dHA7PJ.jpg

8fU6Njh.jpg

I can add better pictures of the board if needed, but it seems obvious that it's a boot right?

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
Yep, total b00t. Looks like just my turf masters boot. At least it uses SNK boards. If you got it cheap and it plays OK, you may as well keep it. That would really suck if someone sacked a blazing star though :(

edit: 40 bucks? That sucks, but could be worse. Even though the pics were crappy that label was still recognizeable as a boot.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Puzzle-Bobble-2-Neo-Geo-MVS-/271315075016

If it were me, I'd ask for a partial refund. If they won't, then you have to decide if you care enough to deal with filing a claim.

Last edited:

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
Yeah that's the one. I'd just gotten two other carts from a different seller with the same style repro labels and both were authentic, so the label didn't specifically make me think this one was fake.

I just reached out to the seller about working out the situation. Thanks for the quick reply!

jesesfbi

Ninja Combat Warrior
Yep, total b00t. Looks like just my turf masters boot. At least it uses SNK boards. If you got it cheap and it plays OK, you may as well keep it. That would really suck if someone sacked a blazing star though :(

edit: 40 bucks? That sucks, but could be worse. Even though the pics were crappy that label was still recognizeable as a boot.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Puzzle-Bobble-2-Neo-Geo-MVS-/271315075016

If it were me, I'd ask for a partial refund. If they won't, then you have to decide if you care enough to deal with filing a claim.
I agree ask for a refund.
And I think they did a blazing star conversion and had spare boards around so they turned it into a puzzle bobble boot :/. If you keep it wana sell me the shell? Lol

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
I agree ask for a refund.
And I think they did a blazing star conversion and had spare boards around so they turned it into a puzzle bobble boot :/. If you keep it wana sell me the shell? Lol

That makes sense but I'd think they would have just made a blazing star boot since they already had the shell and label for it. If I end up keeping it I'm going to swap the shell with my blazing star cart that has a repro label. Not planning on keeping it though unless they give me a refund for the majority of what I paid. I really have no desire for a boot cart in my collection.

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
I got my boot turf masters for $10 lol, it's one of my favorite games and the only boot in my collection. I'll probably get a legit one at some point, but it doesn't really bother me that much. That said you can never trust ebay sellers unless they'll send you PCB pics.

Obviously none of us want boots, but if they use legit SNK boards I don't "worry" about it too much. I don't like other boots because the PCBs can be thicker and wear out your cart slot. If I were you I'd ask for like 20 or 25 bucks back. The shell and blazing star label would be worth the rest of it IMO.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
This thing was converted cause Blazing Star wasn't a money maker. Puzzle Bobble always made money hence why there are SO MANY boots of it out there.

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
It's got a decent amount of eproms so it still has some value. If you can get a partial refund, I'd suggest holding onto the holo label and wait until you come across a fake label Blazing Star and do a case swap.

PunkicCyborg

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
It's got a decent amount of eproms so it still has some value. If you can get a partial refund, I'd suggest holding onto the holo label and wait until you come across a fake label Blazing Star and do a case swap.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. I swear I see more Blazing Stars with repro labels than any other game.

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member

It seems to have been an honest mistake on the seller's part and they already made it right and gave me a partial refund.

I actually just purchased a blazing star cart with a horrible shell and fake label, so I'm going to do the case swap as suggested.

Thanks for the input everyone!