• Windows 95

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Windows 98 First Edition

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
Windows NT will be a different poll, 9x and NT really aren't the same thing.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
98se.

I had Windows Millenium. It is the worst OS I have ever had to use. We had a brand new computer and it fucking blue screened day one, before we even had internet hooked up to it. We all hated it. It's what turned me onto Linux. I went back to Windows for XP SP2, then back to Linux permanently when Vista came out.

That computer did have a CD-RW drive, though. First kid in my class with a CD burner. Big time.

HeavyMachineGoob

10 Year Member
I have been using Windows Millennium (OEM version) extensively on all sorts of PCs, it hasn't BSOD'd once. It's the same thing as 98SE, but with added features and improvements. I LOVE the built-in USB mass storage drivers, that's a life saver when the motherboard is too new for 98SE or Millennium.

Maybe it's the Retail or Upgrade versions of Windows Me, but the OEM version works perfectly fine.

In all my 9x experience, they all have the same odds of getting the BSOD. If you get it, then it means you did something very wrong, like installing a bad driver or fucking with the system files. If you behave, 9x will behave.

The nice thing with Windows ME is it includes System File Protection and System Restore.

Last edited:

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
ME was a fucking plague. Maybe not if your computer came with it preloaded, but to upgrade to it is was pure hell. 98SE fo life.

HeavyMachineGoob

10 Year Member
Yeah maybe the Upgrade version is broken. I will have to investigate the Retail and Upgrade versions in the future.

Maybe I'll post a thread about Windows Millennium on a ThinkPad T42.

Last edited: