BEST or WORST... Lowball one liner... you...

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
I only seem to get them on ebay and it usually when I'm selling SNES/NES stuff.

"Hi I see you have this game lot for current 150 bid with 25 shipping, I can pay 100 shipped now."

"My son/daughter would really like this game for their birthday, but the price is so high, will you sell it to me for 1/4 of the price?"

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
"My son/daughter would really like this game for their birthday, but the price is so high, will you sell it to me for 1/4 of the price?"

Got low-balled with one of those type offers before for some figures I had listed on Ebay. I didn't mind selling them for lower as I just wanted to get rid of them, but the person eventually became a nightmare to deal with as they had someone else's address on their ebay account. I only ship to the address ebay gives me, and the package was successfully picked up...so I just ignored the crazy college kid spamming me every few weeks that he'd open a case against me. Since I knew they didn't have a leg to stand on, I just ignored them and let the clock run out. I did report the harassment to ebay, but I don't think they did anything but prevent him from leaving me feedback. I even heard they had pulled this same crap with a couple other sellers.

Last edited:

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
All those cool stories, while here in Germany people just bore you to death with always the same question: "Is it still available?" I'm still hoping for some extravagant McManus-style request, as in: Number two, step forward... "Give me the fucking games, you fucking cocksucker, motherfucker."

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
All those cool stories, while here in Germany people just bore you to death with always the same question: "Is it still available?" I'm still hoping for some extravagant McManus-style request, as in: Number two, step forward... "Give me the fucking games, you fucking cocksucker, motherfucker."

I get the same question on ebay-kleinanzeigen on pretty much every item. If it's still listed, it's still available, you stupid cunt.

Then some cunt tried to lowball by 50% on one of my figures, saying he could get it cheaper for that price in Japan, where I just replied: sure you can, especially with the re-release of that figure coming out next month for 14k (my price was around 80€ or so for the first release of that one) so I told him to fuck off and blocked him. Later he tried buying another one of my figures under a fake name, paid via PayPal but I recognized his real name and just sent the money back, telling him to stop wasting my time with his kindergarten shit.

Last edited:

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
I was in the backroom in 1999 cleaning out the electronic bins at Wal-Mart. I found a display dvd player. Back then it was still pretty expensive. I think the price was $100 clearanced and I wanted it for $75. My comeback line said to my boss on the sales floor.

"I'm covered in rat piss and shit! Let me have it for $75!" To which my boss said "OK OK!! Just get out of here!!!"

Evan

Fio's Quartermaster
My least favorite lowball is when people say that they are being nice for even looking at your sale and that no one else will buy it.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I didn't really get a lowball, more of a highball which turned out to be a lowball based on the final sale price on eGay. Had an mvs copy of last blade 2 up for $100aud and I get an offer saying that they'd give me $200 straight up and that I'd be stupid not to take it. I said no thanks I'll see where the auction goes. I then get another email explaining in GREAT detail the charges from ebay, the anticipated final sale price, on and on it fucking went. tl;dr was my response and it was radio silence...

Sells for a little over a stupid $300

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
I won an auction for a Dangun Feveron on eBay and some other jabroni who was bidding on it sent me a message saying he should have won it, he deserved it more than me, and I should sell it to him for less than the auction ended at. How the fuck he even thought that would be a thing is beyond me.

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
used buy and sell vintage musical instruments a lot & my ads would say NO DELIVERY so naturally people would offer an extra $50 if I was "ever in the area" (always at least 40 miles away)

Then after I was like "nah" they'd follow up with some wall of text explaining how "it's all good" because they already found the exact same item locally for half the price that very same day then closing with "goodluck selling at that high price"

This exact scenario played out several times over the years.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I won an auction for a Dangun Feveron on eBay and some other jabroni who was bidding on it sent me a message saying he should have won it, he deserved it more than me, and I should sell it to him for less than the auction ended at. How the fuck he even thought that would be a thing is beyond me.

His name must be Exidy.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
used buy and sell vintage musical instruments a lot & my ads would say NO DELIVERY so naturally people would offer an extra $50 if I was "ever in the area" (always at least 40 miles away)

Then after I was like "nah" they'd follow up with some wall of text explaining how "it's all good" because they already found the exact same item locally for half the price that very same day then closing with "goodluck selling at that high price"

This exact scenario played out several times over the years.

What instruments do you sell?

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
brass & woodwind before I picked up and a king silver and a selmer

K_K

Honourary Irishman.,
20 Year Member

Always wanted to get my hands on an olds trumpet. I haven't played the horn in years but the build quality of those 1950s Californian pieces is damn near legendary at this point. The dream is the olds Mendez or super. But I'd take a decent ambassador.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member

I can totally see people trying to lowball you. I would imagine that some of those pieces are worth serious $$$.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
fuck that guy, i loved trolling him on fb

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
I get the same question on ebay-kleinanzeigen on pretty much every item. If it's still listed, it's still available, you stupid cunt.

Feels good, that I'm not alone with this idiocy. I mean, who'd left an ad there after the sale just to get those retarded inquiries? Yet people seem to like it... but people like blood sausage too. People are morons.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
"every time i see you i just want to cum on your asshole then eat it out"

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
:smirk: a proper big breakfast has this, it's yummy.

Hahahaha... don't tell me, you covered the swallows returning to Capistrano for six years? Goddamn, someone will see me interview a groundhog and think I have no future.

xelement5x

Galford's Armourer

I had some asshole do this back before ebay modified their feedback system. I think the seller left positive feedback for me right after I paid and they figured it out by looking through there. Out of nowhere I got a random message from someone flipping their shit that I had the audacity to spend more than them on something and they DESERVED it because they had been looking for it for years.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
"Hook me up, all my stuff got blown away in a hurricane! Oh wait, here it is."