Best NG Game Mods to Date

Hellfromabove

Dodgeball Yakuza
Hey guys, was wondering what the consensus was from everyone on the best game mods around. I have heard of two that are definitely worth having:

- MS2 Turbo (Slowdown Patch)
- SvC Chaos Super Plus

Can you guys recommend anything else?

Last edited:

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
Hey guys, was wondering what the consensus was from everyone on the best game mods around. I have heard of two that are definitely worth having:

- SvC Chaos Super Plus

kof 97 plus was ok. but i tend to stay clear of homebrew/mods of neo games such as crouching tiger hidden dragon. i would rather spend my time playing the originals.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
lightweight here!
I enjoy infinite ammo for special guns in the metal slugs provided via unibios very much.

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
King of Gladiator. Hands down (and caulks up).

Hellfromabove

Dodgeball Yakuza
What is the difference between SvC Chaos Super Plus and SvC Chaos Plus? I have the Plus one (at least it only shows PLUS during attract mode).

Thanks!

Plus has all the characters that can be unlocked via codes on the character select screen. Super Plus has those plus the boss characters (Athena, Red Arremer, Violent Ken, and Orochi Mr. Karate)

Missile

Another Striker

- SvC Chaos Super Plus

From what I've heard the MS2 Slowdown patch doesn't eliminate slowdown completely - it just improves it. It's a nice piece of work but I'd definitely pay to help 'crowdfund' someone with 68k coding knowledge to make a completely slowdown-free version.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
SamSho 3 hitbox fix.

This. Totally changed the game.

I also have a quick and dirty hack for Sengoku 3 that changes the pacing to be more like Final Fight. I asked smkdan to basically increase the player damage 3 fold. Downside is that the bosses die quickly, but that's only because it was more of a test to see the actual flow.

Hellfromabove

Dodgeball Yakuza
This. Totally changed the game.

I also have a quick and dirty hack for Sengoku 3 that changes the pacing to be more like Final Fight. I asked smkdan to basically increase the player damage 3 fold. Downside is that the bosses die quickly, but that's only because it was more of a test to see the actual flow.

That's pretty dope man!

There's also a mod out there that removes walls in RotD. If I can't find it I'll probably just mod it myself.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
I would love to see a mod that removed metal Slug 5's slide and make it work like all the other slugs. I hate it, and it's not required at all for finishing the game.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
I want a mod that makes 3 Count Bout a beatable game.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
samurai shodown 3 hitbox fix? I forgot about this when I bought my cart that I haven't played...is it going to be like what I expect from playing blades of blood on playstation, or was the playstation more 'fixed like'?