Best 1 Slot?

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Looking for a 1 Slot motherboard for a Sega Blast City and neo sd setup. Looking at hard mvs not sure what the best choice would be.

Criteria:

1. The newer the better (I want something that will last).
2. Socketed Bios.
3. JAMMA ready for a Sega Blast City.
4. Easy to do battery mod (not sure if any of them are hard to do).

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
This might help for all except the battery situation. I think the MV-1F* ones are the models people look for, but that could be for the controller ports, as well.

Edit: Derp. You mentioned hardmvs. I'll let someone else answer this.

daskrabs

Ace Ghost Pilot
10 Year Member
I'm rather fond of the MV-1A. Socketed bios, sturdy build, solid reliability. Has a rechargeable, horizontally mounted coin cell that should be cake to replace if you even need to.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I use a MV1FS
It's a tank
Supports stereo
Has controller ports
Has socketed bios
I took out the battery and added a coincell that's easy to get to.
44ab2620f3d0cba0620906e1a363256c.jpg

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
I use a MV1FS
It's a tank
Supports stereo
Has controller ports
Has socketed bios
I took out the battery and added a coincell that's easy to get to.
44ab2620f3d0cba0620906e1a363256c.jpg

I forgot to mention stereo in my initial post. Thanks for reminding me.

So the battery change for that is it the same as installing a holder in a snes game? Cause i have like 100 of those things.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I forgot to mention stereo in my initial post. Thanks for reminding me.

So the battery change for that is it the same as installing a holder in a snes game? Cause i have like 100 of those things.

You need to disable the charging circuit, James has a tutorial on his site for it. I used a coin cell holder as it's easier to slide a new battery in rather then soldering in another battery. If you do get one and need a stereo cable, let me know, I make and sell them.

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
If you want something with no frills that's a bit smaller, the MV1-FZ is a good choice too.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
Its an FS and I agree from the 1slots its the one to go for I feel.... Stereo output (speaker and headphone), volume sliders for both and a switch, joystick ports, socketed bios. Bigger is better in this case.

3havoc

n00b
Wouldn't a 5.5v 1 farad super cap be an easier replacement than using a normal coin cell?

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Wouldn't a 5.5v 1 farad super cap be an easier replacement than using a normal coin cell?
it has been discussed briefly in the bad battery thread (1, 2). And yeah, it should work and be easier - thing is, super caps might not hold a charge as long as a coin cell does. I think about 3 months for a super cap vs. several years for a coin cell (mine has lasted for over 3 years now).

poodude

B. Jenet's Firstmate
I love the mv1fs. It's fun to play in AES mode with neo CD controllers and try all the console exclusive features. KOF practice mode and the metal slugs come to mind.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I have two MV-1FS boards and love them both. It literally has everything except a 3.5mm headphone jack and memory card reader. My second choice would be a MV-1C though, so small and versatile.