Beer rant

Tjanko04

Mr. Big's Thug
Lol he means you sound like a pussy with that wine you named, you pretty much have no room to complain!

The, "Cabernet Sauvignon-style pink Moscato," haha. Yeah, that was the self-effacing joke at the end that was obviously missed. Cab = dry red. Pink Moscato = winecooler.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
im ok with beer snobs, but the regional beer snobs drive me crazy.
Cuz only the local beer is any good. Pssh. Spotted cow is average at best, and you know it Wisconsin.

Tjanko04

Mr. Big's Thug
im ok with beer snobs, but the regional beer snobs drive me crazy.
Cuz only the local beer is any good. Pssh. Spotted cow is average at best, and you know it Wisconsin.

I like Spotted Cow, but the regional bias is pretty silly. Can't say I've run into that much either. Most bars and stores around my area try to carry stuff from all over and will usually promote anything that they like regardless of where it's from, which is good.

Do you get a lot of that in MO with the Budweiser stuff?

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
IPA assholes are the wine snobs of the beer world. The fucking worst. Bunch of neckbeards in wire-rimmed glasses begging for a glass shard in the eye.

Though the "fuck you, I just wanna get drunk" guys are idiots too. If all you want to do is get drunk, that's fine but either drink liquor like a fucking man or perhaps don't drink the lowest ABV piss on the market. You can be an alcoholic and still be efficient and have a modicum of taste.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Though the "fuck you, I just wanna get drunk" guys are idiots too. If all you want to do is get drunk, that's fine but either drink liquor like a fucking man or perhaps don't drink the lowest ABV piss on the market. You can be an alcoholic and still be efficient and have a modicum of taste.

I will take this advice to heart, thank you.

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
IPA assholes are the wine snobs of the beer world. The fucking worst. Bunch of neckbeards in wire-rimmed glasses begging for a glass shard in the eye.

Its not wire rim its fucking thick black rims, with swosh hair...

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
It's just beer you fucking faggots.

Must be all this Super Dry Asahi. Fuck me if I know what kind of beer it is, I just know it's good. And fuck OP's wife.

This nigga knows.

Last edited:

mr_b

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
Anyone who tries to be a drink snob of any sort needs to STFU until they actually try making said drink. Drinking is the easy part. What you enjoy is your opinion and only that. To understand what goes into the process and how it impacts the outcome, only then should you have the right to critique. There's a lot of work that goes into beer. Wine is pretty easy. Liquor is a craft. Beer is a long process. I wish I had the patience for it more. I should invest in better equipment.

I have a batch of wine going in the basement now that likely won't be ready till January.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Neo-Geo.com is such an old dog.

Noobs come on all like "hurr durr, I'm gunna create a thread in the War Room".

Don't pet the dog, the dog bites.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Anyone who tries to be a drink snob of any sort needs to STFU until they actually try making said drink. Drinking is the easy part. What you enjoy is your opinion and only that. To understand what goes into the process and how it impacts the outcome, only then should you have the right to critique. There's a lot of work that goes into beer. Wine is pretty easy. Liquor is a craft. Beer is a long process. I wish I had the patience for it more. I should invest in better equipment.

I have a batch of wine going in the basement now that likely won't be ready till January.

I kind of wish there was any economical reason to make your own beer, but at the moment beer is so cheap it just doesn't make sense to bother.

I could, and should, just do it for the love of it, but as stated above I'll drink any old shite so I can't justify the effort.

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
Yeah I used to make my own beer until I quickly realized it was a pain in the ass and basically ended up costing the same as quality craft beers.

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
I kind of wish there was any economical reason to make your own beer, but at the moment beer is so cheap it just doesn't make sense to bother.

I could, and should, just do it for the love of it, but as stated above I'll drink any old shite so I can't justify the effort.

That's actually part of the reason why I make beer. I can make 6-7% ABV, full-flavored beer for the same price as Bud Light. Sure, it takes time, but I enjoy the end result and even the process most of the time.

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
That's actually part of the reason why I make beer. I can make 6-7% ABV, full-flavored beer for the same price as Bud Light. Sure, it takes time, but I enjoy the end result and even the process most of the time.

I am trying to get into crafting my own beer. I really like the thought. Beer on demand is good. And if the end of the world happens beer is a valuable thing.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
i think you're just mad at her because you think she's a stupid girl and you have a useless extensive knowledge on hip beer. combine these two things and you have the primo new age woman hater in full bloom.

watch your step TJANK, seek a better zen for your wife and daughters.................our daughters.............................................................................. she loves you