BaseBall Stars 2

Neo Mike

Creative Moderator, Art Gallery Coordinator,
20 Year Member
I'm addicted again, and after a few days of intense playing, i still cant seem to do the following:

1. Steal second base. The computer constantly does this, and my catcher NEVER can throw the ball to 2nd in time. What's the key here?

2. Pull off a double play with the mid-air throw like the computer frequently does.

Any suggestions here? Can anyone do these besides the computer?

robot

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
1. Stealing in BBS2 requires a nice lead and running as soon as the ball leaves the pitchers hands. And a fast runner helps - dont think you're gonna steal that easy with anyone from the New York Monsters/USA Bisons (except the 1st batter). As for throwing the computer out - it's pretty freakin hard and I can rarely do it.

2. Double Plays aren't too difficult, just need fast reflexes. Pretty sure the midair throw thing is automatic if you do it fast enough. Not sure what other advice I can give on that one.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Neo Mike said:
[highlight]2. Pull off a double play with the mid-air throw like the computer frequently does.[/highlight]

Any suggestions here? Can anyone do these besides the computer?

I've asked this several times around here when this game has popped up and nobody has ever said how or that they even have pulled it off.

CarlDMC

Tung's Hair,
There are some batters whose run speed will even outrun a slow pitch. Those tend to be runners with a speed of 7-9, 7 if you take a 2 step lead. The stats are in the instruction manual for reference.
The instructions also mention about throwing. Normally pressing UP and throw will throw to 2nd base, but pushing UP and the throw button AT THE SAME TIME throws the ball faster. You know if you did it correctly if the ball has no arc when thrown.

And what is this mid-air throw you mentioned? I don't think I've ever seen it. The computer jumps, catches a fly ball (camrea zooms in) then throws the ball before landing?

topher

Tesse's Maintainence Man
No, the double play he's talking about is when the ball is thrown to second and the baseman jumps and catches it then immediatly throws it to first. I can pull it off sometimes but timing is a bitch. Also, here is a cheese method to tag out a runner --> constantly thow the ball to the base, he will eventually either get tagged out (usually after about 3 or 4 trys even if he wasn't trying to steal) or he will take off for the next base where you just run him down and then throw the ball to the base.

CarlDMC

Tung's Hair,
If I can't tag someone out on first base, I make the 1st baseman run towards 3rd, then throw the ball to first. It'll eventually hit the wall and the runner will take off. I wait until the runner rounds 3rd, grab the ball (since a fielder will automatically be right next to it by then) and run towards home. The runner will still head there until you throw the ball, so wait until he's close enough. Then I throw to home and chase the runner back to third. Easy way to win the pennant, but a bit boring.

Neo Mike

Creative Moderator, Art Gallery Coordinator,
20 Year Member
What teams is everyone using?

I use NY.