Baseball Stars 2 Question

I

INTVGene

In Baseball Stars 2, when the pitcher beans the player, can you choose to charge the mound or not. And, if so, how do you do it? Also, I was wondering if it is only the "pitcher is damaged most", does the hitter ever get hurt?

Thanks in advance.

omnedon

Astra Superstar
I have no clue.. but...

Welcome INTVGene! :glee: I guess you picked up BS2 after all. :)

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
INTVGene said:
In Baseball Stars 2, when the pitcher beans the player, can you choose to charge the mound or not. And, if so, how do you do it? Also, I was wondering if it is only the "pitcher is damaged most", does the hitter ever get hurt?

Thanks in advance.

"when the pitcher beans the player,can you choose to charge the mound or not?"

I've never been able to do it with any button presses..
It seems to be just a random thing that happens...

It's usually the pitcher is damaged most...providing he's gets attached by the hitter.
I think I've been hit by the picture but the hitter,my player didn't rush the mound once or twice..I could be wrong..

I also think the hitter does get damaged,...but not told while your up..
As I remember the game will say later that a player needs to be changed.......... due to what I think was the getting hit by the ball injury...

You know as much as I play this game I've never really looked at these things in detail.....
I need to pay more attention to these details..
I'll play the game today..It's in one of my cabs already..

Baseball Stars 2 (MVS)

by Dan Elektro

http://www.neo-geo.com/reviews/neo-reviews/bbs2/bbs2.html

Last edited:

it290

Not so MEGA, eh?
Just a hunch, but I think it may have something to do with the speed of the pitch (that is, whether the batter charges the mound or not).

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Here's what I found after playing for a few minutes..
(1 player game)
If I hit the hitter with a fresh pitcher that hasn't hit any hitter yet then the hitter will rush the mound everytime and damage the pitcher.
A notification screen comes up and says Picture was damaged more.

With this damaged picture I hit the next 11 guys up to bat and none of them rushed the plate..then just bend down to one knee/take the pain and get 1 rst base.
Then if I change to a new pitcher and hit the batter up..he will rush the plate damaging that pitcher...
Then no other batter will rush the plate after hitter them with that damaged pitcher.
I kept doing this over and over throwing fast balls with the new pitcher though.

I didn't get anything telling me a player needed to be replaced when I was up to bat so I think I'm wrong on that.(due to getting hit by the pitcher in the previous inning.)And I hit a lot of guys.
All I get it the Old man telling me.."Use This Guy" :glee:

I'll have to try the speed of the pitch now....the game is still running..

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
it290 said:
Just a hunch, but I think it may have something to do with the speed of the pitch (that is, whether the batter charges the mound or not).

(started new game)

Oh yea...your right..

I just hit the Batter with a slow pitch and he didn't rush the plate..../Undamaged pitcher..Hasn't hit a Batter yet..

EDIT..

I just hit the first 4 Batters with slow pitches and just by pressing the button on what I would call a normal speed pitch and none of them rushed the pitcher.

Then I burned the next Batter with a Fast Pitch and he rushed the plate damaging the pitcher.. :tickled:

I can't get the computer to hit one of my Batters though

Last edited:

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
I played the game a bit more today and I must say..The computer is kicking my ass silly..

I did see something I've never seen today.

I was up to bat and the hitter was a big guy..
I hit the ball hard and it went right to the pitcher,A Scene came on screen of the Pitcher catching the ball near hit stomach and being thrown back.
Then when the gameplay comes back into view the pitcher is behind the pitching mound close to second base laughing..........at me.. :loco:

I've never seen that before..

Last edited:

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
chris1 said:
Then when the gameplay comes back into view the pitcher is behind the pitching mound close to second base laughing..

I've never seen that before..

:) - yeah, that one's a rare treat - but a really cool animation. I didn't know about the speed of the pitch having anything to do with whether the batter would charge the mound or not - honestly, I didn't think the gameplay was that deep :D! Glad to know that little tidbit, anyway.

it290

Not so MEGA, eh?
Haha, yeah, I got that one today too. The amount of detail packed into this game is unbelievable.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
I had the game a couple of years ago and for fun I would just hit all the batters and if I remember right all of them would hit my pitcher. After getting beat you cant pitch for shit though.

Superfamifreak

Ralf & Clark's Drinking Buddy
20 Year Member
I thought it was just the more aggressive batters in the game that twatted the pitcher, ie batters 3-6 in the line up.

Gotta love it when the pitcher gets the ball back in the gut. Still cracks me up all these years later!