Banjo Tooie remake coming next week on Xbox Live Arcade

Princess-Isabel

Geese's Thug
so it's finally that time, on 29th of april this year Banjo Tooie remastered edition is coming, for 1200 microsoft points you'll get one of the best(if not the best) platformers of all time, with hd graphics, butter smooth framerate, surround sound, legendary stop 'n' swop function once again utilized, between BK and BT and local multiplayer modes.
my most anticipated title of the year at this point.
Banjo Kazooie remake was fantastic and this will be even better.
for the uninitiated, if you haven't played this humongous platformer, be prepared to spend 50+ hours on your first run trying to collect everything.
you guys excited as I am?

MeTaLCzAr

Belnar Institute Student
so it's finally that time, on 29th of april this year Banjo Tooie remastered edition is coming, for 1200 microsoft points you'll get one of the best(if not the best) platformers of all time, with hd graphics, butter smooth framerate, surround sound, legendary stop 'n' swop function once again utilized, between BK and BT and local multiplayer modes.
my most anticipated title of the year at this point.
Banjo Kazooie remake was fantastic and this will be even better.
for the uninitiated, if you haven't played this humongous platformer, be prepared to spend 50+ hours on your first run trying to collect everything.
you guys excited as I am?

Is it a remake or a reedition?

Princess-Isabel

Geese's Thug
Is it a remake or a reedition?

that is a very strange question :lolz:
it is a remastered port(not in the way let's say N64's Conker's Bad Fur Day fared against xbox version of Conker's Live and Reloaded) but game got a set of improvements much needed in N64 version from the year 2000.
if you love platformers, you need to get B-T.

Last edited:

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Bump- I never played this on N64, thus I am pretty tempted to pick up on Live.

You get it, PI? How are the improvements? Lolz at Stop and Swop II, btw (honestly, try it if you have the game downloaded...).

Princess-Isabel

Geese's Thug
Bump- I never played this on N64, thus I am pretty tempted to pick up on Live.

You get it, PI? How are the improvements? Lolz at Stop and Swop II, btw (honestly, try it if you have the game downloaded...).

it's one of the best games on live if not the best(along with first Banjo-Kazooie),
absolutely gigantic adventure, improvements are significant(the best thing about it is that the game is super smooth without those awful, constant framerate drops).
widescreen, surround system, delight to play from start to finish, although it will surely make you confused as worlds are just extremely huge and you will be wondering around having no idea what to do sometimes hehe.
stop 'n' swop is implemented, and it is operating between all three Banjo Games(one of the rewards you'll get is a special theme for your dashboard and gamer pics).
game on my first playthrough back in the day took me about 30 hours (90 jiggies and 900 notes), that should give you an idea how big the game really is.
everyone should pick it up immediately.
it's Rareware, if it sell well(which from what I've seen looks like it), we will see more classics remade for XBLA, Perfect Dark is probably next and we will hear about it in just a few weeks(E3).
so go and get it :buttrock:

Soniku

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
Dude, you're scaring me.

It's just Banjo Kazooie.

On the 360.

It's not a "remake".

It's not even a port.

It's emulated.

They added widescreen and surround sound.

The emulation took care of the rest.

Seriously.

Princess-Isabel

Geese's Thug
Dude, you're scaring me.

It's just Banjo Kazooie.

On the 360.

It's not a "remake".

It's not even a port.

It's emulated.

They added widescreen and surround sound.

The emulation took care of the rest.

Seriously.

you're so wrong it's not even funny.
it is a port but with many upgrades, it's not your regular port as assets have been redone and content slightly modified.
these games(BK,BT) have now:
hd graphics(textures are the same but they both looks great now in 1080p), widescreen, surround sound, flawless framerate, achievements, leaderboards, modified dialogue in game, new quiz questions and many of the original icons and such has been completely hdified (no pixelated avatars, icons, etc...), legendary stop 'n' swop implemented and utilized in all three Banjo Games between( get eggs, ice key, transfer them to B-T and B:N&B) to get additional prizes.
B-K was in development for over 6 months, and B-T for almost 10 months.
emulation? don't you dare use that word when referring to Banjo-K-T on Xbox Live, it shows your ignorance :cool:
when you play on wii via virtual console - you can call that an emulation, as those are straight ports without anything extra added.

Last edited:

Soniku

Mai's Tabloid Photographer
you're so wrong it's not even funny.
it is a port but with many upgrades, it's not your regular port as assets have been redone and content slightly modified.
these games(BK,BT) have now:
hd graphics(textures are the same but they both looks great now in 1080p), widescreen, surround sound, flawless framerate, achievements, leaderboards, modified dialogue in game, new quiz questions and many of the original icons and such has been completely hdified (no pixelated avatars, icons, etc...), legendary stop 'n' swop implemented and utilized in all three Banjo Games between( get eggs, ice key, transfer them to B-T and B:N&B) to get additional prizes.
B-K was in development for over 6 months, and B-T for almost 10 months.
emulation? don't you dare use that word when referring to Banjo-K-T on Xbox Live, it shows your ignorance :cool:
when you play on wii via virtual console - you can call that an emulation, as those are straight ports without anything extra added.

Right. :rolleyes:

It's emulation with some fixes, extras, and enhancements.

You're a tool. :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Princess-Isabel

Geese's Thug
you're a tool, you apparently don't know what straight-up emulation means.
both Banjo games are heavily enhanced with extras(lot of work went into these game so don't try to diminish Rare/4J studio work), they can be both called remade(to certain extent) ports, but if you're not into discussing these fantastic platformers itself, why do you even bother posting in this thread?
troll detected:cool:

Last edited: