Bad Ebay experience :(

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
There's two game stores by me that will resurface a disc for $1-2. Depends on how severe it is.

I know he's bluffing and trying to ask some refund. Since $15 will get him off my back so why not.
I know most people here will tell me the same thing "full refund or fuck off" ................
And that dude has 100% feedback.........

blakeb8111

Edo Express Delivery Guy
Feedback doesn't mean what it used to on eBay. I had a situation with them where some idiot bid on an item I was selling which had multiple bids, which were all better than I expected to make on the item. Then this person won and said they bid on mistake and no longer wanted the item. I called the person which didn't go well and eBay and PayPal were no help at all, and eventually I had to relist the item and it got way less interest, and I sold it for significantly less than I would have got from any of the bidders in previous auction. I miss the days where eBay had more auction based listings and you could actually land a deal once in awhile. There's just too many scammers, counterfeits, .... now.

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
I don't know how it is now but it used to be 3 non paying bidder complaints and you're done. eBay has certainly gone to shit.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Feedback doesn't mean what it used to on eBay. I had a situation with them where some idiot bid on an item I was selling which had multiple bids, which were all better than I expected to make on the item. Then this person won and said they bid on mistake and no longer wanted the item. I called the person which didn't go well and eBay and PayPal were no help at all, and eventually I had to relist the item and it got way less interest, and I sold it for significantly less than I would have got from any of the bidders in previous auction. I miss the days where eBay had more auction based listings and you could actually land a deal once in awhile. There's just too many scammers, counterfeits, .... now.

Did they do away with second chance bidders? I've been in this situation before and was able to use that function to offer the next highest bidder the item at his/her max bid.

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
I know he's bluffing and trying to ask some refund. Since $15 will get him off my back so why not.

Because now they've gotten away with it again, they'll continue being a punk.
Eventually someone will have to put this shitty ebay user in their place instead of taking it in the ass.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Did they do away with second chance bidders? I've been in this situation before and was able to use that function to offer the next highest bidder the item at his/her max bid.

eBay still has the second chance bidder option.

DNSDies

I LOVE HILLARY CLINTON!
NEVER
EVER
EVER
EVER do a pickup option on ebay. Ship EVERYTHING.
That tracking number is your life.

I've had a few asses try to scam me on Xbox 360s I've repaired and the tracking info saved me both times.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
I did a pickup option once when I bought an item. The thing was, it was from a local business 15 min. from where I live. I literally got the item about 20 mins. after hitting a Buy It Now button on ebay.

Now...if it was some dude...different story.

Jon

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
If I buy or sell on eBay I stand by a cash only rule when it's "pick up". It's safer for both parties. It makes more sense to deal in cash when you're doing a transaction face to face.

Last edited:

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
Long story short

(1) I was selling a whole bunch of rare and complete SNES and Sega Genesis/CD games and systems from my collection.
(2) One Ebayer purchased 15 items worth $3,600 from me (games & system such as Snatcher, Dracula X, Sega CDX, boxed mini SNES etc)
(3) That Ebayer is located in Sacramento CA, about 3 hrs away from San Francisco.
(4) He obtained my phone number via the Ebay system, then we scheduled a local pick up in Davis, CA where is 1 hr from Sacramento; 2 hrs from SF). He paid me via Paypal before we met.
(5) I met with him in front of a Safeway store, gave him all the games and had him signed a contract. The next day, I also sent him a replacement game via First Class Mail as I forgot to mention some flaw of one of the games.
(6) A week later, he filed a chargeback on Paypal claiming "items not received/delivered". He perfectly knows that I could not provide a tracking number.
(7) The replacement package was returned as his address is "undeliverable"
(8) I explained the whole thing to Paypal (including his fake registered address and he got my phone no from Ebay) but paypal still rules in his favor.
(9) I immediately filed a police report in Davis, file a report with the San Francisco District Attorney's Consumer Protection Office and filed a report at the IC3 (internet crime report by FBI). I also closed all my credit card and bank account linked to Paypal.
(10) Paypal could not recover all $3,600 from my account so they sent my account to collection agency.
I suppose if you are selling so much videogame stuff, you might be better off splitting it up, to some extent (but the fees are a factor in this). That way, you don't take too much of a hit if one of the sales go bad. And anyone who is whacked enough to buy a whole lot of systems at once, for thousands of dollars, is more likely to be a deadbeat buyer.
You are probably going to be better off with a tracking number (as it is official), rather than a contract you've written yourself. Local pickup is risky for expensive items. Usually with ebay you don't speak to people on the phone, so you can't try to suss them out that way.

Sold one CD game on ebay few weeks ago and got a message this morning from buyer:
In conclusion he said disc isnt playing properly and he wants to return disc back to me for refund.

I didnt say anything but reply to accept full refund, even though i know he's bluffing.

I received a message from buyer again around 9 pm and he said he can get disc to work by sending to store for resurfacing. If i can issue $15 partial refund that he can do that instead of sending disc back to me.........
Anything that's CD's or DVD's (music, games, software, movies), can be problematic to sell on ebay, as you might be selling them with scratches (which people might expect), or the buyer might claim there are fatal scratches. And usually with those things, people can get them cheaper elsewhere, as CD games are common compared to cartridge, and some CD albums are common compared to vinyl.

Last edited:

pulstar

Mickey's Coach
10 Year Member
If I buy or sell on eBay I stand by a cash only rule when it's "pick up". It's safer for both parties. It makes more sense to deal in cash when you're doing a transaction face to face.

This is the way to go. If someone's picking it up off me, it's cash only and if they don't like it it's on to the next one. If they pay by Paypal it's sent in the post with a tracking number.

blakeb8111

Edo Express Delivery Guy

Yeah it was offered to the next highest bidder, but they had already moved onto another auction once they didn't win mine. The person who won mine didn't contact me right away and say that they didn't want it, I contacted them because they never paid after a few days and I spent too much time fighting with them, PayPal and eBay.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
moar shitty ebay shit:

i have a few parts only blasts for sale on the bay (bad chassis, but everything else there). It is well advertised as parts only along with what specifically was wrong. someone bought a few from me a little while ago. He then hit me with a credit card chargeback as a point of 'renegotiation'. Saying that the machine didn't work, but a refund of 50% would make it right. I explained how it was accurately described both in the title and description of the ad and how it was half the price of any of the other machines for that reason. Was hit with a double chargeback between ebay/paypal and the credit card itself.

The CC company just sort of took the money back from my bank account with an 'investigation fee' of $300 tacked on that is refundable if found in my favor. I'll know in 8-12 weeks. fuck.

Reclaimer

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
moar shitty ebay shit:

i have a few parts only blasts for sale on the bay (bad chassis, but everything else there). It is well advertised as parts only along with what specifically was wrong. someone bought a few from me a little while ago. He then hit me with a credit card chargeback as a point of 'renegotiation'. Saying that the machine didn't work, but a refund of 50% would make it right. I explained how it was accurately described both in the title and description of the ad and how it was half the price of any of the other machines for that reason. Was hit with a double chargeback between ebay/paypal and the credit card itself.

The CC company just sort of took the money back from my bank account with an 'investigation fee' of $300 tacked on that is refundable if found in my favor. I'll know in 8-12 weeks. fuck.

Jesus, what a gross situation. Hoping you had enough evidence to come out on top of these fuck biscuits. Best of luck to you!

Since we are sharing eBay tips, I always take a photo of the item being packed, and then sealed up with shipping label. A few assholes have tried to say BS like "you sold me a brand new PS4 controller but I opened the box and it's a used music CD... Refund please!" So far, sending the bastard the photos has made them back off the scam.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Jesus, what a gross situation. Hoping you had enough evidence to come outbox top of these fuck biscuits. Best of luck to you!

Since we are sharing eBay tips, I always take a photo of the item being packed, and then sealed up with shipping label. A few assholes have tried to say BS like "you sold me a brand new PS4 controller but I opened the box and it's a used music CD... Refund please!" So far, sending the bastard the photos has made them back off the scam.

oh i have all the evidence. but i have to wait the 8-12 weeks for a verdict. and there is still a slim shot that they find in favor of the other guy. in the meanwhile i'm out a few grand.