Axl Rose confirmed as AC/DC frontman

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
They should have just quit when Malcolm couldn't perform anymore. They're not AC/DC without both of the Youngs.

I agree, not even a shell of the original band. Just the same name. But if Axl still has his singing chops, I'd like to hear him sing some AC/DC songs just for shits and giggles.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I can't stand listening to either of these bands. Radio goes off when they're on.

Setsuna1982

World Her,
I'll see AC/DC + Axl this May 10. Dunno how to feel about Axl inclusion. Could be great, could be bad. I hope it's great...

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Do you know the words to "Ashes in Your Mouth?"

I don't know the actual lyrics to any Megadeth songs because dave sings like he has a mouth full of marbles. You have to stare at the lyric sheet to know what he is saying.

Yada mad meety hopp diii and do
Musta house killy and jo
Devils Island!... Devils Island!

Last edited:

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
This is rather interesting--if Axl can keep his ego in check, it might work.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I don't know the actual lyrics to any Megadeth songs because dave sings like he has a mouth full of marbles. You have to stare at the lyric sheet to know what he is saying.

Yada mad meety hopp diii and do
Musta house killy and jo
Devils Island!... Devils Island!

So you do know the lyrics to a Megadeth song.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
You know, after watching that Coachella clip, Axl looks like he's lost quite a bit of weight (and thank goodness he got rid of that ridiculous facial hair) and sounded great; he hit all the notes, his voice was consistent, he had that high pitched growl he's known for without his voice cracking. Perhaps this is a return to form, minus that old school GnR tantrum shit he used to pull I hope.

Honestly, I agree. Axl actually rocked that track well. For pipes as old as him, he was holding the high, hard shit surprisingly well. Often, singers with his style blow out their pipes well before his age.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Megadeth is amazing. All there is to it.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
Honestly, I agree. Axl actually rocked that track well. For pipes as old as him, he was holding the high, hard shit surprisingly well. Often, singers with his style blow out their pipes well before his age.

Exactly. John Bon Jovi used to get cortisone shots to the neck between shows to compensate for the strain to his vocal chords from his singing style. These days, he doesn't even try to sing the high's in Livin' on a Prayer (usually just lets the audience sing it; cheap trick).
Vince Neil is a singer that always impresses. He's old and fat, but man can he still belt out those Motley Crue tunes exactly like back in the day.

SudoShinji

Zero's Tailor
If I was trying to make a joke band to troll the world with I would make axl the singer of acdc. If I wanted to make a kickass version of acdc I would make Angry Anderson from Rose tattoo the front man.

tighecg

Armored Scrum Object
Glad I got tho see them one last time with Brian. Wish I was old enough to see them with Bon. Axl fronting this band is a curiosity, I would like to see it because of that curiosity.

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
Axl filled in for AC/DC back in the day before and killed it and that's why they asked him. His vocal range is surprisingly high and yeah if you heard any of his performance from the troubadour recently he is singing very well much better then a couple years ago when he was much fatter. He also just broke his foot so he won't be jumping around for awhile and hopefully will continue to nail the singing portion and not worry about theatrics.