Art Of Fighting 3: Actual Gameplay/Strats. thread

KagerouSama

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
15 Year Member
Howdiddlyohh, Neighborinos.

I searched for a gameplay strategy thread and only found threads saying "Most underrated fighter on the Neo", and "Why should I buy it."

This thread is more along the lines of, "Best way to play it."

I have problems defeating Sinclair and Carmen-Kole.

I'm also having a harder time with Robert than I did with Ryo. Is that normal?

I know I'm not necessarily contributing diddly at this point. But I could use the help.

Thanks!

Technos

Formerly known as #28
20 Year Member
All I can say is that pulling a nice combo with Robert is easy because he has that forward rolling elbows thing. You can start any combo with it, make it a two or three-hitter to start (I think).

Have you landed an Ultimate K.O.? Instant kills, just finish Carman and that ho Sinclair with one.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
sinclair is very very easy

when she gets into the chant stance just rush her

you should be taunting with D all the time to diminish their karma or chi or whatever too

that way they are all pathetically weak, basically.

*Richter*

Banned
Robert is easier to handle than Ryo.

His combos are faster and smoother anyway...

YeldellGW

Bartender,
20 Year Member
KagerouSama said:
I have problems defeating Sinclair and Carmen-Kole.

Carmen's one of the few characters that's not that difficult to me. He uses his rush punch special (:forw: :back: :forw: + :A: ) way too much. Just look out for that, block and hit him hard. Taunt to keep his spirit gauge low enough so he can't utilize his ditch move, which is a rushing grab.

Sinclair doesn't (Or can't) throw, so any time she does a move that ends with her next to you, toss her.

KagerouSama said:
I'm also having a harder time with Robert than I did with Ryo. Is that normal?

Robert's pokes have more reach than Ryo's. I tend to have a hard time when it comes to Ryo vs Robert matches (Not that Robert vs Ryo is that much easier.).

My Trouble matches:

Wang Koh-San: This fat bastard is literally a pain in the ass at later levels.
Lenny Creston: Her throw range is ridiculous and her :back: + :B: seems to suffer from the anti-anything syndrome.
Rody Birts: This guy's not much of a problem unless I'm playing as Carmen.
Kasumi Todoh: Ever the defensive pain in the butt. Get ready to cry "Cheap!" if she completes a taunt against Ryo and/or Robert.
Ryo and Robert: In later levels, forget about it. I haven't found anything surefire to use against either of them.

Tips:

Don't be overly offensive. The :back: + :C: will piss you off in the later levels.
Go for the Ultimate K.O. if possible. I don't think Kasumi could do that in the AOF 3 Neo CD version. Never had the chance to try it out on the AES version.
Learn to anticipate the slower moves, like Carmen's low :B: . If you see them attempting the slower attacks, block or use the :back: + :C: dodge.
Don't jump too much. You'll regret it.

And finally,

Here's a combo vid I saw on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky37K10uc7w

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Pretty cool game, but always seemed to be sort of shallow as well. Outside of Ryo, Robert and Kasumi, they were all sort of throw away characters.

E=MC2

Ass Troll,, Ignorant, , , , (Do Not Resuscitate)
Spike Spiegel said:
Pretty cool game, but always seemed to be sort of shallow as well. Outside of Ryo, Robert and Kasumi, they were all sort of throw away characters.

that was AOF biggest problem since the first AOF. only the sakazakis and robert were good to decent designs. mr big and king along with kasumi are also on the better design side. though eiji is fun, his design couldn't be any gayer.

p.s. the neo cd version of aof3 SUCKS.