Art Of Fighting 1 (High Score Thread)

Cylotron

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ♪
15 Year Member
Well AOF 1 has always been one of my favorite fighting games(was my favorite for awhile). Anyway, i still play it a bit & remembered i was able to do this long ago so been practicing a bit and this is what i've got:

aof1cv0.jpg

Default Level 4. Was able to go through getting a PERFECT on every single round(bonus games only bothered learning special arts & upgrading spirit). As you can see in the picture, i didn't even use spirit on the last round(didn't use it on some other rounds also).

Gemant

Member,
very good score.

I played this game in 1992~1994 in game center and AES, recently (2002) on mame emulator my best score was 1.008.790 all P.

I have a video.

Temjin

B. Jenet's Firstmate
How the hell do you get perfect on every round? I would love to see a movie when you do this or something. Im nowhere near that good, but I would like to know some tricks of the trade. Care to share any tips when going through story mode?

This is one of my favourite neo games too. This fighting game is still a great fighting game and totally owns titles like street fighter 2.

Gemant

Member,
WakuWakuWeirdo said:
Well AOF 1 has always been one of my favorite fighting games(was my favorite for awhile). Anyway, i still play it a bit & remembered i was able to do this long ago so been practicing a bit and this is what i've got:

aof1cv0.jpg

Default Level 4. Was able to go through getting a PERFECT on every single round(bonus games only bothered learning special arts & upgrading spirit). As you can see in the picture, i didn't even use spirit on the last round(didn't use it on some other rounds also).

you haven't use "default" settings. About art of fighting, default difficult is level 3 I think, and counter time is always 60. I see your pick with final score and time is 71, I think your time from beginning is set up on 99 sec.

4000 pts x 16 round = 64.000 extra pts.

Darklighterx

J. Maximum Fan Club President
20 Year Member
Gemant said:
you haven't use "default" settings. About art of fighting, default difficult is level 3 I think, and counter time is always 60. I see your pick with final score and time is 71, I think your time from beginning is set up on 99 sec.

4000 pts x 16 round = 64.000 extra pts.
Busted?

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Darklighterx said:
If what Gemant said is true, then his accomplishment is even better, because he played on a higher difficulty.

BBH

1cc my ASS!,
20 Year Member
LoneSage said:
If what Gemant said is true, then his accomplishment is even better, because he played on a higher difficulty.

not necessarily. depending on the game, some people find higher difficulty levels on fighting games to actually be easier to score on against the CPU, because you can sometimes manipulate them to perform a certain move every time, especially if the CPU has a habit of always counter-attacking with a certain attack when you push a certain button, ya know?

The time setting still screws up the score.