Anyone still play their PS2 online?

BigTinz

VT's Bitch , You can fuck this mouth for a fruit c
Do any members here still use their ps2 online?

Between HD loader and a broadband connection the ps2 still seems to have a big online multilayer community. I've heard alot of people still play killzone and fifa 2002.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Thats odd because I thought games didn't support the authentication when run from hd loader?

BigTinz

Thats odd because I thought games didn't support the authentication when run from hd loader?

I thought the PS2 online servers got shut down two years ago.

No and no.

Most games have been patched with some "dnas" swap and can be played online and there are certainly a few groups that still play it online(I know that final fantasy 11 and some others still have many members).

Just checking to see if any NG members still did.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
I can't think what I'd play on there.

BigTinz

You want the rapidshare files?

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
I'd like to know what games can be played online from hdloader.

Zero Satori

Jaguar Ninja
I've had a broadband adaptor for years and the only think I've used it for was HDLoader. If anyone has any advice on how to play it on the Internet (or link to a guide), I'd be very grateful for it.

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
Do any members here still use their ps2 online?
Isn't it only the Japanese who can play PS2 games online? Or do some games support online play in the US? The KOF games can only be played online if you're in Japan.

DanAdamKOF

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
Definitely interested in what games work online. A Killzone patch would make my day.

hermosaguy

Geese's Thug
The roomie is still on FFXI all night and day. Too bad there is no online play for the NA release of Samurai Showdown Collection.

Deuce

Death Before Dishonesty, Logic Above All,
If someone cracked the netcode for KDDI, one could easily recode the entire Neo*Geo Online Collection for PS2 to use independent, domestic servers. But I doubt that'll happen any time soon. There's just not enough demand for it.

duo_r

Armored Scrum Object
I used to play Medal of Honor - Rising Sun online. That was pretty fun back in the day. I don't think I would even bother booting it up today. Honestly, I don't think anything PS2 online wise sounds appealing with all the next gen systems I own. Don't really see the point other than checking if it still works.

Metal Slugnuts

Faggotier
Well, I don't have HD loader or whatever, but my PS2 is hooked up to broadband all the time. Last thing I played was Killzone, I think. LMK if you want a matchup in a certain game.