Anyone still on original Xbox live?

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
I just picked up an original Xbox live kit with Crimson Skies, headset, live arcade, and 12 month card for $9.99 at Sears. I haven't upgraded to a 360 and want to get back into playing live, but are there still people playing games for it?

I know you've got folks playing Halo 2 on their 360s, but what about games like Phantom Dust and others that only work on the OG Xbox. I figure for $10 it's not a bad thing to have, but I didn't know if it was a waste of time.

Tung Fu Rue's Prize Student
20 Year Member
I've heard that XBL support for the original Xbox will be dropped shortly...

Tung Fu Rue's Prize Student
20 Year Member
Jedah Doma said:
Really? Like how shortly.

Not sure, I had heard until late March, but I can't find anything stating such.

Probably a false rumor.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
68k said:
Not sure, I had heard until late March, but I can't find anything stating such.

Probably a false rumor.

I wouldn't imagine so as that's why games such as Halo 2 can be played online. I think it all goes through the same pipes and such it just depends on if you play it through Xbox 1 or 360.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
Side question, can I ressurect my old gamertag? I've researched and heard mostly you can't, but some say there are ways. Anyone have any luck with this?

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Jedah Doma said:
I wouldn't imagine so as that's why games such as Halo 2 can be played online. I think it all goes through the same pipes and such it just depends on if you play it through Xbox 1 or 360.

there's some 360 only upgrades for Halo 2 coming up

Bishamon

Azu Bla, ,
Shouldn't that 12 months of Live also work with the 360? If so, that's one helluva deal!

RGP

Tesse's Maintainence Man
Bishamon said:
Shouldn't that 12 months of Live also work with the 360? If so, that's one helluva deal!

Yes thats what I did, original xbox sub gets you a Gold membership on 360.

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
fatal fury fan #2 said:
I'm on SF:AC, Kof 02 and sometime 03, GGXX and Snk vs Capcom eo

my tag name is fatal fury 91

I'll get you added on. Thanks.

beatifik

Ace Ghost Pilot
15 Year Member
fatal fury fan #2 said:
I'm on SF:AC, Kof 02 and sometime 03, GGXX and Snk vs Capcom eo

my tag name is fatal fury 91

i wish that 02/03 was backwards compatible...:crying: :oh_no:

Kirk Foiden

James Tiberius,
Jedah Doma said:
Side question, can I ressurect my old gamertag? I've researched and heard mostly you can't, but some say there are ways. Anyone have any luck with this?

Well, it depends. If you still actually have an active Xbox Live account, that's really simple. You can easily upgrade to a 360 live version from your Xbox Live Account. My Gamertag and profile info is precisely the same going over, it just was upgraded with new features. Of course, I can still play my Xbox games over my same live account whether it's on the first machine, or on my 360.

Still, I generally don't play my original Xbox games, on Live, much anymore. Unless I've been given a challenge on a specific one (like Outrun2, or Coast to coast?).

It's only because of my limited time resources, I can only play but so many games online.