Anyone familiar with Skyrim PC mods using Nexus Mods?

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
I need a little help. I was trying to install Enderal and followed the directions on the video on the nexus mods website, and all went OK, but I still managed to make it so I can not boot regular Skyrim. I need a vanilla skyrim profile on nexus mods launcher, but I must have did that wrong because every profile I load boots up Enderal.

Does anyone understand how to create custom profiles, more specific, vanilla ones? I would like to get both Skyrim and Enderal up and running without having to uninstall Enderal to play skyrim.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I think my buddy said Enderal actually moves your vanilla Skyrim folder to somewhere else.

BLEAGH

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
Look up tutorials for mod organizer. Last time I fooled with skyrim it was a much better tool than using the nexus manager or doing it manually. Making separate profiles is a piece of cake.

Make sure your skyrim install is completely fresh vanilla with no left overs in your data files before you begin.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Look up tutorials for mod organizer. Last time I fooled with skyrim it was a much better tool than using the nexus manager or doing it manually. Making separate profiles is a piece of cake.

Make sure your skyrim install is completely fresh vanilla with no left overs in your data files before you begin.

I'll look into that. I need something to organize things. This nexus mods seems ok, since it manages other games I mod too like Grimrock, and Dark Souls, but it needs a manual.

I think my buddy said Enderal actually moves your vanilla Skyrim folder to somewhere else.

That's what it says it does, I'm pretty sure it's just because i'm a dumbass at this nexus mods software right now.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
I use mods with Skyrim but never used NMM. Only use BOSS. Always make a backup of your data folder when it is known working.

Mods basically, all you do is download and paste them into the data folder. If skyrim won't launch, you prob missed a pre-req. Sometimes the modders do not make good write-ups on the mod page. Also, some mods require SKSE to run, in that case, you need to launch the game with SKSE shortcut. AND sometimes you need to run SKSE as admin.