Anyone else playing Wipeout pure?

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
EXCELLENT game. My favorite game on PSP by far.

:buttrock:

SongSiuHua

Overtop Pathfinder
I am as well but not very well! Actually this is the first ive played in the series. Anyone have any advice... I seem to be getting my ass kicked in the ascension tournament for the viper series.
any advice would be great! Thanks :glee:

Buro Destruct

Formerly known as, Buro Destruct, , Southtown Stre
I am.

And its not anything like the reviews "claim". If anything, this iteration is more combat oriented than ANY previous. The track design is completely fucking assinine, especially for a game thats supposed to be about "speed". I'm contantly wailing on the airbrake and making hairpin turns. Whatever.

This is like the cramped and twisty track design of Wip3out with the emphasis on combat of Fusion.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I just picked it up along with some other games and will be playing it around midnight. Looks very good and has some nice Electronic bands on it.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Played it for 20 min tonite and I have to say I'm not as impressed as I thought I'd be.

Graphics aren't as jaw dropping as I thought they'd be, and the style of the game doesn't seem as slick as previous versions.

(wpn icons are simple shapes, not a whole lot of graphic detail)

I will say I like the music in it tho. Wish they'd list the name of the track before the race like they did in XL.

Dean

Choi's Clawmaker
I too am not that impressed. Yeah, the graphics are nice and the music is cool, but I think the speed in it kinda sucks. I have no feeling of speed at all and yes, I think the track designs really screw it up for that. I'm constantly bumping into the sides and having a moderately difficult time steering this around.

Two thoughts in my head:

1. The PSP will be best for RPGs, where control isn't a big deal
2. I really really really can't wait for Mario Kart on the DS :drool:

Buro Destruct

Formerly known as, Buro Destruct, , Southtown Stre
D-Lite said:
I too am not that impressed. Yeah, the graphics are nice and the music is cool, but I think the speed in it kinda sucks. I have no feeling of speed at all and yes, I think the track designs really screw it up for that. I'm constantly bumping into the sides and having a moderately difficult time steering this around.

Two thoughts in my head:

1. The PSP will be best for RPGs, where control isn't a big deal
2. I really really really can't wait for Mario Kart on the DS :drool:
I fucking HOPE RPGs never rear their convoluted and boring heads on the PSP.

I just want shmups, some kind of Castlevania game, and more racers. Ridge Racers is easily one of the best games ever.

Allien133

Astra Superstar
Buro Destruct said:
Ridge Racers is easily one of the best games ever.

Amen to that. I have had so much fun playing that game over the past few months.
PSP= racing goodness.