Anyone else have 337 update falures

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
I wish I could believe that. I really think I'm going to have to keep driving it in until this thing is dead.

I do not think you will. Keep going that is. Nope, no follow through here at all...

:kekeke:

SignOfGoob

Butthurt Enthusiast
20 Year Member
Item under review @ Amazon. :eye:

hdss.jpg

That...is not good for them. Hopefully this will motivate them to make sure Megapack 2 is better made.

Btw, you don't hear this very often, but I have the NGX and the Megapack and everything works fine on it. Of course, I've never hooked it to my TV so I don't have all the video out and joystick gripes (I have an MVS) but I've been playing a lot of Savage Reign on the handheld and its fun. I don't regret either purchase even slightly.

Teddo

n00b
I wonder if EB Games will cancel their upcoming promotion of this donkey?

I'm staying with FW 337. And fun times ahead for Thommo!!!

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
I wonder if EB Games will cancel their upcoming promotion of this donkey?

I can't see it being worth the hassle for any of these companies to be carrying this god-awful pile of garbage. Considering all of the customer complaints, returns, exchanges, etc...that they have to deal with and for what? A shoddy handheld playing shitty versions of 20 year old games. The X wouldn't have been impressive 10 years ago. I just can't say enough horrible things about it.

Ukyo

20 Year Member
just wanted to post my experience with the mega pak...

-started with 370, had what appeared to be a full charge, attempted firmware update roughly 10 times with no success [screen remained black while in progress light flashed]. gave up.

-next day, tried again. first time the firmware update progress bar came right on. about 25 % through it froze. repeated this about 4 more times. during one update pass, the progress bar graphic corrupted [scrambled pixels, before freezing] around 5th or 6th time I had success.

-firmware 500 behavior. hdmi video output is WAY better. way, way better. still tearing occasionally of course. [def playable now]

-next day, system would freeze occasionally before getting to the game select screen, or refuse to read the sd card.

-reinstalled the firmware in attempt to fix sporadic card read, successful install, but it didn't fix the problem.

-save behavior. every time I attempt a save it says i must format the card, i choose yes, then saves successfully. i've had several saves disappear though, sam sho2 for example, and once after a killer ms2 run the system froze right before saving [level 6 save]

-today i was playing MOTW, and 3 stages in there was some hitching, and then a hard lock before a buster wolf.

-on an unrelated note, left on the thumbstick has gone sticky.

munchiaz

Robert Garcia's Butler
I'm done with this thing,and Tommo. So i got a replacement mega pack a few days ago. I pop it in and it works just fine. Then i try to play it later on and the mega pack no longer works. I check my ninja maters SD card and it works just fine. I try a few more times, turning it off and on, and what not. No dice, shit still doesn't work. I returned it to amazon today, and made a post on the neo geo x facebook page about this shitty product.

I guess i will just emulate neo geo stuff on my psp, until i can afford the real deal

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
I guess i will just emulate neo geo stuff on my psp, until i can afford the real deal

Guys, all this pain and misery over the course of the last 8 months for nothing.

Munchiaz - I salute you sir. You're finally heading down the right path and I'm happy for that. Happiness and quality Neo gameplay is just around the corner for you my good man. Congratulations!

So, who's next?

I updated from 370 to 500 with no problems at all and everything seems to be working fine. Sucks that so many people are having issues.

Last edited:

mosaic

n00b
Received my updated unit back from Tommo. They didn't do an exchange, but sent me back my original 337 model that I had affixed a Garmin 40 screen protector to. The games on the Mega Pack work fine and the visual changes are much appreciated. I don't know if they've since mentioned this, but in addition to pressing L1 to change aspect ratio, you can press L2 while the unit is in the docking station to toggle what I call an "upscale" setting. I've found one setting looks clearer on HDMI while the other looks better on composite. I played some games of Blazing Star and Garou with no issues. Pretty happy now.

dan3skate

Quiz Detective
just wanted to post my experience with the mega pak...

-started with 370, had what appeared to be a full charge, attempted firmware update roughly 10 times with no success [screen remained black while in progress light flashed]. gave up.

-next day, tried again. first time the firmware update progress bar came right on. about 25 % through it froze. repeated this about 4 more times. during one update pass, the progress bar graphic corrupted [scrambled pixels, before freezing] around 5th or 6th time I had success.

-firmware 500 behavior. hdmi video output is WAY better. way, way better. still tearing occasionally of course. [def playable now]

-next day, system would freeze occasionally before getting to the game select screen, or refuse to read the sd card.

-reinstalled the firmware in attempt to fix sporadic card read, successful install, but it didn't fix the problem.

-save behavior. every time I attempt a save it says i must format the card, i choose yes, then saves successfully. i've had several saves disappear though, sam sho2 for example, and once after a killer ms2 run the system froze right before saving [level 6 save]

-today i was playing MOTW, and 3 stages in there was some hitching, and then a hard lock before a buster wolf.

-on an unrelated note, left on the thumbstick has gone sticky.

Sounds like the firmware did not install properly. I have tried near 15 times with my firmware 370 and can not for the life of me get the update screen to come up. Still waiting for a response from Tommo..

Hine62

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I also received my ngx back and like the new version 500 so far. With all the blazing stars on eBay I'd have to say the ngx is having an effect on cart prices. Can't wait for the next me a pack! Hopefully tommo can fix the update issues next time around. :-)

Last edited: