Anybody have pics of Neo Geo in a storefront setting in the 1990's?

noir

Overtop Pathfinder
This has caused me to fall down the rabbit hole of 90s commercials...

AirZonk

n00b
I used to go to a lot of gaming stores in the 1990s. Only store I actually saw a Neo Geo AES for sale at was Software Etc at the local mall. They had the empty system box and a handful of games on the shelves. Die Hard Game Club had a system out for play with Samurai Shodown 1 & 2 where they charged by the hour. Die Hard would order a game if asked though, but you had to pay up front. Funcoland had Neo Geo AES games listed on their pricing sheets, but I never saw anything Neo Geo related in one of their stores.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Funcoland carried Neo Geo for a very brief period. The Mall of America one was the only location where I saw Neo games on the shelves.

shiryu7

Quiz Detective
I still remember San Francisco's Downtown Macy's when they had a floor showcasing electronics and games. I used to head over there during the summer whenever I had the chance as a kid. I will never forget the day I came up the escalator and they had the Neo Geo professionally displayed, the big retail boxes (Gold and Silver systems), the system and controllers out for anyone to try, and Magician Lord on a big screen monitor. Everything was so impressive, including the price tag.

NGT

J. M Club, ,
20 Year Member
Our local tru had one with games. Not playable, so i never actually saw a home setup running until i bought one when i was older. I looked at it and drooled every time i went in to get a nes game.

awbacon

Kyokughen Trainee
10 Year Member
The local game store in the mall had one on the wall, grail style. I think it was Babbage.

Anyone remember the word puzzle contests in game mags? Enter and win a crazy setup? That’s the most neo geo I saw as a kid