Any Iron Maiden Fans here?

Mr.Bojangles

War Room Troll
So I'm just wondering if there are any fans of the great Iron Maiden here?

My first show was Maiden opening for KISS on the Dynasty tour. Maiden played stuff from both Iron Maiden and Killers. The second time I saw them was on a trip to the U.K. and I saw them promoting the Number Of The Beast record at the Hammersmith Odeon. Then I didnt see them again until the Powerslave tour. After that I saw shows for the Somewhere In Time Tour, Seventh Son tour , No Prayer For The Dying Tour and Fear Of The Dark Tour. After Bruce and Adrian left the band, I thought I was done with Maiden. Until they came back for the Brave New World album. I didnt see them again in concert however until the Book Of Souls World Tour, and then the Legacy of The Beast tour. I live by Hard Rock Stadium in Miami, and it's about a 15-20 minute drive to Nicko McBrains restaurant Rock N Roll Ribs. Along with going for the great food and Maiden beer, I always go every December to their anniversary party where Nicko always shows up in a great mood for fans, and he's even had guys like Tim "Ripper" Owen's sing lead in his set lists to give it that real metal vibe. I fuckin love Maiden and theyve made such an impact in my life. Hands down my favorite band of all time.

Do you have any great Iron Maiden stories to share?:buttrock:

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member
The Trooper and Hallowed Be Thy Name are two of my favorite metal songs of all time.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
There used to be one. Some say he still mows lawns with his DSL.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I love Maiden but some people might consider Maiden as being overrated or a normie for listening to them.

Somwhere in time was the first album I listened to on compact disc. It's probably my favorite metal album of all time if people even consider it to be metal anymore.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
The thing I like about Bruce is that when he rejoined the band, he would sing stuff that the band recorded while he was on hiatus.

I can't think of another top singer who left a band, rejoined and sang the stuff that was recorded during the interim.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
I like Maiden, but I like Priest better.
Seventh Son and Somewhere in Time are probably my favorites.

egg_sanwich

Windjammers Wonder
10 Year Member
I'm a Maiden fan, especially the earlier Di'Anno stuff like Iron Maiden and Killers. Number of the Beast up to Powerslave were good too, but I start to lose interest in the library beyond that. I saw them at the 2008 Somewhere Back in Time tour which was perfect as it was focused on their older catalogue.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
I like Maiden, but I like Priest better.
Seventh Son and Somewhere in Time are probably my favorites.

Agreed, maybe replace Somewhere in time with Fear of the dark for me.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Killers is their best album, with their self-titled being a close second.

Mr.Bojangles

War Room Troll
Actually, I agree with Killers being Maiden's best album. It was just so visceral and from the gut. Back when Maiden had something to prove. Now dont get me wrong, I love Bruce Dickinson and I feel he's the best frontman they ever had, but I also dug the hell out of Paul Di'anno. He was an underrated singer when he was in Maiden and he brought with him a street tough, punk attitude that Dickinson just didnt have. Bruce was theatrical while Paul was just trying to give a raw powerful performance with attitude. It's sad what's become of Di'anno, because now he's out of shape and can no longer sing. As for Blaze Bailey, I was never a fan of his, though I did like some of the material released during his tenure, like Sign Of The Cross. I just preferred it when Bruce sang it.

thermaltreasure

Ninja Combat Warrior
Always loved Piece of Mind the best, shame Bruce Dickinson is a bellend. I remember seeing them in 06 and they played their newest album in it's entirety and a few hits at the end. Kind of sucked but it must have been phenomenal seeing them live back in the day

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
Killers or Powerslave for me personally.

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
Saw them last year in Oakland. I stopped buying records when Blaze joined, though I enjoyed Sign of the Cross. Before that, all great albums, agree Paul Di'Anno was differently amazing.

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
Casual fan. Got into them because of 2 Minutes to Midnight on V Rock in GTA Vice City, lol. I still listen to that V Rock playlist every once in a while.

Last edited:

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Saw them last year in Oakland.

I finally saw them for the first time last year, too, in Pittsburgh. The Legacy of the Beast tour was the perfect initiation. Great setlist filled with hits, huge set pieces - my expectations were thoroughly satisfied.

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
I lost interest when Somewhere in Time came out.
Really didn't like that album back in the day.
Maybe I should give it a retry.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Saw them on the Book of Souls tour. They were great live.

Also I found 12 bucks in the parking lot. So that was pretty rad.

Mr.Bojangles

War Room Troll
I finally saw them for the first time last year, too, in Pittsburgh. The Legacy of the Beast tour was the perfect initiation. Great setlist filled with hits, huge set pieces - my expectations were thoroughly satisfied.

Yeah, I will say for anyone who wants a summary of Maiden's catalogue when they go to their show, The Legacy Of The Beast Tour was as good as it was gonna get. If I had my way though, I would have made the show 25 minutes longer and added the Di'anno era songs: Prowler, Wrathchild, Phantom Of The Opera, Murders In The Rue Morgue,Killers and to top it off I would've added the Dickinson era song 22 Accacia Ave. from the Beast album.

Last edited: