Any 8bitdo owners?

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Weird problem with my sn30 pro+
It's fully charged, but I can't turn it on by holding start anymore. If I put it into firmware update mode the red light flashes and even though it's on the latest I'm able to update it when connected to a pc. I'd say the battery isn't dead but it won't turn on no matter what I try.

I've read the FAQ, holding start for 8 seconds for a factory reset doesn't seem to do much if anything. It was fine about a month ago ffs

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
Open joy.cpl on Windows to test the buttons. Clean it with isopropanol. Never had to do it with my 8bitdo controllers but it seems very likely if the other buttons still work.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Open joy.cpl on Windows to test the buttons. Clean it with isopropanol. Never had to do it with my 8bitdo controllers but it seems very likely if the other buttons still work.
It's more it won't turn on when not wired

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
I can plug it into a laptop, it detects it and says the status is ok. I can update the firmware, even downgrade it. When I do a controller test it's not responding with anything at all. It's like the fucking thing is a bit bricked. I've done nothing for that to happen.

1687287923855.png

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
I can plug it into a laptop, it detects it and says the status is ok. I can update the firmware, even downgrade it. When I do a controller test it's not responding with anything at all. It's like the fucking thing is a bit bricked. I've done nothing for that to happen.

View attachment 66266

I hope you aren’t in a submarine right now.

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
Can remember the 8bitdo support once made a custom firmware for someone in another forum. Firmware seems fucked then and their support isn't useless.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
oh look it's just sprang to life in windows and works via bluetooth. Still won't pair with the usb dongle plugged into the mister yet.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Glad it worked out. I've got 2 8-Bitdo SNES Pro for my PC and Switch use. Sometimes they get wacky and don't sync right with my switch.