Amazon third party seller returns

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I tried googling this but couldn't find a answer but hope someone here knows. If I purchased from a third party seller on Amazon and it turns out they are local. 25 min away. Can I return it to the store instead of paying for shipping? They are a pretty big store like Best Buy.

They offered prime shipping. I should have made sure it was Amazon I was purchasing from but it turned out to be a local third party.

Do I have to follow the standard procedure and ship it out?

I've found some reviews on these guys and they are known for accepting shipping returns but the packages go missing and they claim they never received it and don't refund. I kind of don't want to take a chance. This item is almost $1k.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
This is case by case basis. Amazon prefers their system for record keeping purposes.
I think big box stores should be able to handle it locally. I've certainly ordered stuff on amazon, and it turns out to by walmart fulfillment.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
This is case by case basis. Amazon prefers their system for record keeping purposes.
I think big box stores should be able to handle it locally. I've certainly ordered stuff on amazon, and it turns out to by walmart fulfillment.

Yea, I figured it would be safer to get the refund at the store and a receipt showing I'm getting the money back on my card versus having to go back and forth for a month with this third party and eventually having to get Amazon to step in.