Always read the fine print

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
That Wu-Tang Clan - Martin Shkreli $2m album deal has an amazing caveat

This Once Upon A Time In Shaolin story is only getting weirder.

First we learned that the single copy of the Wu-Tang Clan album was bought by a pharmaceuticals CEO once described as the most hated man in America (reportedly for $2 million), then the buyer - Martin Shkreli - started a YouTube live stream, teasing that he might play the album for viewers, and now we learn of an amazing stipulation in the album's contract.

The buying party also agrees that, it states, 'any time during the stipulated 88 year period, the seller may legally plan and attempt to execute one (1) heist or caper to steal back Once Upon A Time In Shaolin, which, if successful, would return all ownership rights to the seller.'

Then comes the best bit:

'said heist or caper can only be undertaken by currently active members of the Wu-Tang Clan and/or actor Bill Murray, with no legal repercussions.'

I don't know if Murray was aware that he was written into the deal, but I like to imagine him slowly and carefully putting on a cat burglar outfit somewhere right now, blasting 'Protect Ya Neck' from his speakers and looking real serious.

This is also begging for a movie adaptation, possibly directed by Wes Anderson.

After Shkreli's business practices came to light, RZA confirmed to Bloomberg that Wu-Tang with be giving a significant portion of the proceeds from the album sale to charity.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Maybe ODB will be the one to swipe it, proving that he wasn't really dead after all.

Please, Jesus, give us back ODB.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
This story gets better and better...so awesome. I hope to god that somehow, they can take it back...

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
whoa, children

whoa

*Controversial pharmaceutical CEO Martin Shkreli
its this guy!? http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?260456-Somebody-inject-this-fucking-faggot-with-AIDS
attachment.php

Last edited:

jugu

New Challenger
That dude is real scum. This clause would all be fun and games if that dude wan't involved.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
by definition capers aren't strictly limited to the illegal activity of theft. come on Wu&Bill!

Westcb

Give an Azn, A Break Here!,
It's all apart of bill murrays plan, now that dude is in jail he will slip into his home and crack open the safe and get the cd.

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
♪Shame on a nigga that tries to run game on a nigga♪

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
man this sucks, lets start a fund to bail him out of jail

I still dream of going clubbing with this guy.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
I still dream of going clubbing with this guy.

If he was really a savvy businessman, he would have bought the rights to Rufilin and increased the price on that drug.

He'd be set for life.