Alright, what kind of A/V selector do you use?

NeoEsZ

Camel Slug,
20 Year Member
I'm in the market to replace my cheap, plastic piece of shit a/v selector and I'm looking for a nice one so I don't have to think about this again. I have 6-8 console to hook up at once to this Sony Trinitron.

What do you all use?

edit: fuck it, add your suggestions for HDMI selector boxes too

Last edited:

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
I use a Bandridge scart switchbox. :P

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
I'm in the market to replace my cheap, plastic piece of shit a/v selector and I'm looking for a nice one so I don't have to think about this again. I have 6-8 console to hook up at once to this Sony Trinitron.

What do you all use?

for RGB i use a bandridge 5 input automatic scart selector i bought from Wyo. i need a second one to permanently add my xbox wii ps2 and ps3.

for component i use a manual switch box i think made by GE. Its pretty good for what it cost.

looking into getting a hdmi switch box but dont reeeeeally need one just yet

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
I have a set of RF modulators connected in series to the coaxial input on my TV.

Most of them are on channel 3. Some are on channel 4. The PC Engine is on channel 95.

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
I have a set of RF modulators connected in series to the coaxial input on my TV.

Most of them are on channel 3. Some are on channel 4. The PC Engine is on channel 95.

Congrats! You have reached baller status

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
I do need an HDMI selector. Do these tend to degrade the signal? Or is it pretty safe to buy whatever is cheap?

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
My AV receiver for all my hdmi stuff. I just plug my other systems into my xrgb when the occasions arise. WHo the fuck needs all 15 of their systems plugged in at the same time?

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Scart box is the only correct answer.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
I use Bandridge SCART switch SVB7725.

The_Chosen_One

Buriki One Master
I've got a Kinivo hdmi selector that was a good price and has treated me well for quite a while. It has auto detect for what powers on, so I keep my Roku hooked up and it defaults to it each time, but if I turn on the PS4 it auto switches to it. Turn off PS4 goes back to the Roku. It's nice not needing a remote or to manually select especially when the kids turn on the Wii etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ShootTheCore

Genam's Azami Sharpener
My AV receiver for all my hdmi stuff. I just plug my other systems into my xrgb when the occasions arise. WHo the fuck needs all 15 of their systems plugged in at the same time?

I'm one of "those people" that likes to keep 15 consoles hooked up at once. The retro consoles all connect via RGB SCART through an 8 port GSCARTSW. That connects to an OSSC for upscaling. The OSSC and my modern consoles connect into a Monoprice 5 port HDMI switch, and then out from there to my AV receiver.

All in all, it works pretty well. Both the SCART and HDMI switches autodetect, so I rarely have to manually change anything.