Age of Conan

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
Anyone playing this? It sounds pretty good.

Neo Geo MVS

Igniz's Servent
I heard a lot of good things about this game and from the screen shoots it does look tight. It has a huge movement from many other MMOG's and it might take over WOW but only time will tell. Im more into FPS's (First Person Shooter) video games so the only MMOG I like to play is WW2 online.

Biohazard53

B. Jenet's Firstmate
I bought it but havent installed it yet, I just built a new computer to run it and other games my old rig was so outdated, I played WoW, but got tired of the constant gear struggles. I have high hopes for this game.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
MMOs are all the same, boring, timewasting shit, no matter on what license they're based on.

Ghost-Dog

Presented by the Florida Department of Economic Op
20 Year Member
Dr. Motherfucking Hobbit said:
MMOs are all the same, boring, timewasting shit, no matter on what license they're based on.

Back to the war room with you?

I played in the closed beta, it's not a bad game. If you're looking for something new, and more mature/action oriented, give it a try. I got kind of bored with it quickly, but I think I'm just a little burned out on MMO's in general.

Plus it has titties, if that's your thing.

I have it preordered, and was planning to pick it up when I get back from vacation, but now I'm not sure. I may just wait for Warhammer Online, I dunno..

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
Biohazard53 said:
I bought it but havent installed it yet, I just built a new computer to run it and other games my old rig was so outdated, I played WoW, but got tired of the constant gear struggles. I have high hopes for this game.

Yeah, my PC doesn't even meet the minimum requirements at the moment for AoC. I'm planning on building a new one soon. I'll probably wait until then to buy it. I'm still paying a monthly fee for FFXI even though I never log in :( It's so hard to let that one go. Best MMORPG I ever played.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Ghost-Dog said:
Back to the war room with you?

I played in the closed beta, it's not a bad game. If you're looking for something new, and more mature/action oriented, give it a try. I got kind of bored with it quickly, but I think I'm just a little burned out on MMO's in general.

Plus it has titties, if that's your thing.

I have it preordered, and was planning to pick it up when I get back from vacation, but now I'm not sure. I may just wait for Warhammer Online, I dunno..
Whose thing isn't?

I guess Bloodhokuto, maybe? Appeared to be some damn well-rendered titties, too, from what I could tell.

That's funny, the spell checker thinks titties isn't a word. What a motherfucker. I'll teach it. :envy:

There's no way I could run the game on my rig, but I have to admit it's the first MMO in a while that looks fairly interesting, IMO.

Ghost-Dog

20 Year Member
The game chugged a bit on my 2+ year old 7800GT, so if you really want to run it with eye candy turned on, look to an 8 series card or better. I was thinking of getting a 9600GT 512MB, as they seem to perform on par with the 8800GT/GTX's, but for under $200. Not sure if I want to spend anything at all though, if I don't play AoC there's not much reason to upgrade now, I don't play much else on the PC that my old card doesn't handle well enough.

Ghost-Dog

20 Year Member
Well, I caved and bought the game. I'm actually quite hooked on it now, and it's made this weekend without Metal Gear Solid 4 (fuck you GameFly) much more bearable. They've been doing two patches a week to make sure as many bugs and glitches are squashed as possible.

One of the things I love most about the game are the quests. They are probably the most attractive part of the game, next to the real time combat and Conan mythos..

It was running pretty poorly on my old video card, but I did order a new G92 based 8800GTS. Now I can run the game on high with 8xAA, and still get 30+ frames per second most of the time. It's a pretty looking game, see screens below. I can't wait for the DX10 graphics update.

My level 24 Dark Templar. Keep in mind, the images are not in their original resolution of 1680x1050, so the quality suffers a little.

Garou_picture009.png

Garou_picture016.png

Garou_picture017.png

caine128

n00b
It's a cool game as ı heard. Still don't thinkıll have enough time to play it. MMORPG's require an entire lifetime invested in.

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
Just casually reading about this now.

Chances are I'll be on board with the 360 version.

Any idea if the servers will be shared (PC and 360 players together) or seperate?

Ghost-Dog

20 Year Member
Just casually reading about this now.

Chances are I'll be on board with the 360 version.

Any idea if the servers will be shared (PC and 360 players together) or seperate?

I'm going to venture a guess and say no. One of the lead designers has said in interviews that the PC and 360 versions of the game will be slightly different. Because of this I would be surprised if there were any compatible servers or game modes, such as shared battleground zones.

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
I'm going to venture a guess and say no. One of the lead designers has said in interviews that the PC and 360 versions of the game will be slightly different. Because of this I would be surprised if there were any compatible servers or game modes, such as shared battleground zones.

Hmm, considering that's how PSU goes about things I shouldn't be surprised. In any case, the game still looks like tremendous fun. Lots of variety in class choices, fun combat engine, supposed clan on clan battles, etc. How large can parties be?