Afternoon Tea Bagging

HDRchampion

Before you sell me something, ask how well my baby
10 Year Member
So im going to Victoria, BC for a getaway this weekend. My significant other wants to try out the afternoon tea. I checked out the prices & so why the fuck its so expensive? All you get is some small ass sandwiches & cake with your tea.

Any of you fine gents experience this? Do i need to stick out my pinky when i drink tea. Is there proper tea bagging etiquette?

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
This sounds terrible

Jarofmayo

Morden's Lackey
$63 dollars for for a sandwich, slice of cake, and tea? Screw that. I can just go get a box of 100 teabags from almost any grocery store for less than $5, loaf of bread is cheap and a slice of cake is as well. Unless your teabag is encrusted with 280 diamonds I'm not paying more than $5.

HDRchampion

10 Year Member
Weekend getaway over, we ended up doing the afternoon tea at the Fairmont Empress. Sadly there was no teabagging at all, only an old white lady asking me if i wanted Mo Tea. The tea was splendid though but the sandwiches were tiny and average taste. The scones were tasty but not freshly made. The sweets were pretty decent too. Way overprice for what you get. We did have a nice window seat but we were so out of place. Lots of old white people.

20150912_132011_zpsapmedx8f.jpg
20150912_132105_zpshlicje2o.jpg
20150912_132236_zpswyecqcad.jpg
20150912_133650_zpshnbeogy9.jpg
20150912_142627_zpswjcxanif.jpg

There is also a 15% gratuity so it ended up costing $150ish, horisheet!

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
Holy shit. I can think of so many better ways to spend $132. Did your girlfriend like it though? Because that's all that really matters in that situation.

HDRchampion

10 Year Member
Holy shit. I can think of so many better ways to spend $132. Did your girlfriend like it though? Because that's all that really matters in that situation.

I think it was the highlight of the trip for her...We went to a castle, Butchart Gardens, & really nice Italian restaurant. Not really into these royalty regal shit but i guess chicks dig these things. Sadly it ended on a bad not as i ended up vomiting on the ferry ride back.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
How many sandwiches were you allowed, because I could probably eat 150 bucks worth of smoked salmon with dill cream cheese pinwheels.

HDRchampion

10 Year Member
How many sandwiches were you allowed, because I could probably eat 150 bucks worth of smoked salmon with dill cream cheese pinwheels.

See that picture i posted, that's all you get! No seconds! You have to share it too, you dont get your own 3 tier platter.

The highlight of the trip for me was i was able to say i took a shit in a castle. It was a bad one too, i think i ate a really bad clam chowder and i was gassy & shitty the whole trip.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
It seems to me that the aristocracy feels that they are too good to provide all you can eat sandwiches to the plebs. Your patronage of this bullshit tea place only supports the idea of a wealthy noble class and probably funds the monarchy.

Boo on you.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
All the fags in the hot n ready club collectively passed out when they saw that bill

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
All the fags in the hot n ready club collectively passed out when they saw that bill

You could buy 26 HnR's for the same price as tea for two, plus tip. In other words, you could basically EAT FOR A MONTH for what it costs to keep a woman happy for a couple of hours.

If that's not a rock-solid case against marriage, I don't know what is.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
So im going to Victoria, BC for a getaway this weekend. My significant other wants to try out the afternoon tea. I checked out the prices & so why the fuck its so expensive? All you get is some small ass sandwiches & cake with your tea.

Any of you fine gents experience this? Do i need to stick out my pinky when i drink tea. Is there proper tea bagging etiquette?

32774.gif