After 10 years, I'm ready to start my Final Fantasy Legend II journey again...

TonK

Least Valuable Player
I usually ended up with: Human, Mutant, Robot, Robot.

Whats the best combo? I love the way the Robots use weapons and increase their HP - and the shapeshifting of the mutants and the raw strength of the humans.

I did go through the game with 4 robots but had no shot at Arsenal.

And is the 7 Sword worth it to go after the Haniwas for?

And I never did the trashcan glitch and I don't think I want to start - have you used it?

Any other tips?

My used SP and game should be here by Tuesday.

HeartlessNinny

Heartlessness is a virtue
Damn, even with all the old skool Game Boy talk lately, I never thought I'd see a thread about this game. It was one of my favourites back in the day. I played the shit out of it, but it took me years to be able to beat Arsenal. To be honest with you man, I'm not sure what party I used, but I always liked to take one of each character type. So I guess I used Human, Mutant, Robot and Monster. I always got the 7 Sword too, but I don't remember it being that bad... Mind you my memory might be a bit hazy.

Sorry I don't have any real suggestions for you man. I remember most of the games I played back then pretty well, but I played that one over such a long period of time it's all kind of faded on me. Good luck though. :emb:

Mad Mage

Edo Express Delivery Guy
20 Year Member
Yeah. It's been so long I can't give advice, except maybe there are better portibe RPGs to play these days. If ya must play it again, I suggest one of each character for variety. The game is probably not as hard as you remember, and can be beaten with a slight bit of leveling should you have trouble. I know I had trouble as a kid, but upon returning to the game I found it no problem.

All that said, there must be something more fun these days. How about some of those GBA RPGs?

darcotrigger

Zero's Tailor
Congrats on the purchase Tonk, that's an awesome game. It's been so long since I've played it though. You may want to just hit gamefaqs for some tips.

I should thank you, you inspired me to pick up my gameboy again. I just polished off Dragon Warrior, and now I'm working through Final Fantasy Adventure before I do Dragon Warrior II.

I highly recommend you pick up the Dragon Warrior games once you finish Legend II.

Sure, there are tons of games that could be considered better then some of these old classics, but if you have fun wth them then what does it matter?

astrodan88

King's Dry Cleaner
I never got to make it very far in this game. I borrowed my friends Gameboy to play it back in the day and didn't get to finish.
Actually, the batteries in the thing exploded (don't mix and match kids!) and I gave it back because I was afraid it might croak soon and I'd have to buy him another.

In short, I need to play this one again! They don't make them like this anymore "these days."

Please keep us posted on your playthrough.

Spycee

Cheng's Errand Boy
To get a Haniwa, it's real easy :

You must be on the last floor of the game, and playing on the original GB.
1 - Turn on the GB and start your savegame. Advance 3 steps and you'll get a fight. Do a reset on the GB (A+B+Select+Start).
2 - Start your savegame. Advance 1 step and you'll get a fight. Do a reset on the GB (A+B+Select+Start).
3 - Start your savegame. Advance 3 steps and you'll get a fight. Do a reset on the GB (A+B+Select+Start).
4 - Start your savegame. Advance 47 steps and you'll get a fight. It's a Haniwa :)

I found this after playing countless hours on the game to find a Haniwa. But the sword was useless, no damage with it on the last boss :( Maybe I didn't use it correctly though.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
To get a Haniwa, it's real easy :

You must be on the last floor of the game, and playing on the original GB.
1 - Turn on the GB and start your savegame. Advance 3 steps and you'll get a fight. Do a reset on the GB (A+B+Select+Start).
2 - Start your savegame. Advance 1 step and you'll get a fight. Do a reset on the GB (A+B+Select+Start).
3 - Start your savegame. Advance 3 steps and you'll get a fight. Do a reset on the GB (A+B+Select+Start).
4 - Start your savegame. Advance 47 steps and you'll get a fight. It's a Haniwa :)

I found this after playing countless hours on the game to find a Haniwa. But the sword was useless, no damage with it on the last boss :( Maybe I didn't use it correctly though.

Wont work on an SP.

Thanks though.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
Made it through the "Nasty Dungeon" this morning - currently in Valhalla Palace.

Human - 997 HP

Muramas
Tank
Selfix
Dragon Helm
Arthur Armor
Geta Boots
Ninja Gloves

Mutant - 538 HP

Samurai Bow
Blizzard
Thunder
Ice
O Quake
Battle Armor
Giant Helm
Hermes Boots

Robot - 798 HP

Samurai Bow
Tank
Hyper
Dragon Armor
Parasuit
Hecate Boots
Giant Gloves
O Pa/Po

Monster - (Wraith) 528 HP

Touch
Ice
Sleep
O Change
O Quake
X Fire

Lots of RARE weapons in my item list from the Nasty Dungeon.

Spycee

Cheng's Errand Boy
Wont work on an SP.

Thanks though.

That's why I specified the original GB :) But you can play it on the original GB just for that part, it's wayyyy easier than trying to find a Haniwa the normal way.

HeartlessNinny

Heartlessness is a virtue
Hey TonK... Reading this thread, I finally remembered what team I beat the game with last (guess it's a little late, but...). I used 2 robots and 2 mutants. It was a bit of a beast to level up the mutants, but it's worth it in the end. And robots are customizable as hell, so that works too.

That said, I know for sure I've beaten it with the same team you're using.

Good luck on Odin! You'll need it...