AES Issues..Need advice.

deviljin102

Crazed MVS Addict
10 Year Member
Bought a spare AES and was sold to me as working. But, I tested this and these are the results. What is causing the issue? Btw, I've tried 2 power supplies.

Attachments

• 344169988_957034968769834_6890417834418430231_n.jpg
    344169988_957034968769834_6890417834418430231_n.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 11
  • 344265792_782210586822972_8635983437019298351_n.jpg
    344265792_782210586822972_8635983437019298351_n.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 11

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Do you have an actual home cart to test it with? Usually if there's a problem and there's a converter in the mix the problem is the converter, although the Daedalus is supposed to be one of the better ones.

A scrambled screen like that looks like the bios is fucked to me. If the system has a bios mod check to see if it's done right or if it's on a socket see if it's fully seated. If it's socketed reseating the chip may do the job.

deviljin102

Crazed MVS Addict
10 Year Member
Do you have an actual home cart to test it with? Usually if there's a problem and there's a converter in the mix the problem is the converter, although the Daedalus is supposed to be one of the better ones.

A scrambled screen like that looks like the bios is fucked to me. If the system has a bios mod check to see if it's done right or if it's on a socket see if it's fully seated. If it's socketed reseating the chip may do the job.
I don't have an actual cart but the system has never been opened before according to the seller. My other AES works just fine with the converter.

deviljin102

Crazed MVS Addict
10 Year Member
I don't have an actual cart but the system has never been opened before according to the seller. My other AES works just fine with the converter.
I also did notice that wiggling the power connector there's an issue too. So I am unsure if that is at play as well. I don't want to open it and the then seller accuses me of something.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
You mentioned 2 power supplies. What type of supplies are the two systems meant to work with (what does it say on the bottom of the console), and what kind do you have?

deviljin102

Crazed MVS Addict
10 Year Member
You mentioned 2 power supplies. What type of supplies are the two systems meant to work with (what does it say on the bottom of the console), and what kind do you have?
the one on the right is the one I have been using for the AES I play daily. The one on the left came with the system. So, the seller stated it worked. He showed a screenshot of the tv with AOF 2 playing. BUT, no video proof.

Attachments

• neopow.jpg
    neopow.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 5

deviljin102

Crazed MVS Addict
10 Year Member
Both consoles have 8w use POW3

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Something's nof adding up, since the one on the right is a 5v. If that's the one you normally use with your original AES, I would assume that original one is a 5v system, regardless of what is says on the bottom, and I would NOT try that POW3 on it!

deviljin102

Crazed MVS Addict
10 Year Member
Something's nof adding up, since the one on the right is a 5v. If that's the one you normally use with your original AES, I would assume that original one is a 5v system, regardless of what is says on the bottom, and I would NOT try that POW3 on it!
So I found this site...

and since I have been getting a green screen a lot, I assume I might have a color ram error.

As for the psu, when I tried the spare, I used the non-official psu first. I then plugged the official one and got the same thing. I have not used the official one with the AES I use daily and I don't plan to.

Also, the seller offered me a partial refund and when I replied how much I wanted in return, there's a chance I may have been blocked. I contacted ebay and they told me I have a case and to give him a few days, if not, open it so I am not worried. I also filed a claim with DHL about this to see if it was something that happened in transit.

I had bought a power supply from retro games supply that is on the way to me as well. I was going to use it for the spare that I bought and just keep the official psu stored just so I can say I have a fully complete AES system.

deviljin102

Crazed MVS Addict
10 Year Member
So this pow3 is not a good one for the systems I have?

deviljin102

Crazed MVS Addict
10 Year Member
Please post a photo of the bottom sticker for both systems.
So I noticed the one I used daily just says POW. I also encountered an issue earlier. I was playing Fatal Fury 3 and the game was randomly resetting. I researched and found out it could be a power issue. So I may buy a new psu for that which I found here...

this would be the 2nd time since the first time I bought the POW3 psu for the aes that has the issues.

Let me know.

Attachments

• ngo1.jpg
    ngo1.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 3
  • neo2.jpg
    neo2.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 3

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Yep, so the daily use system that just says "POW" is a 5v system. Make sure you don't confuse it and use POW3 AC adapter on that one or you could very easily damage it. (5v systems don't have any voltage regulator inside to protect the system.)

The power supply you linked is the replacement for the 5v POW one, so it's not the right supply for your new console. I'm not convinced a new supply will solve the issue, but it's worth a try if you like.

deviljin102

Crazed MVS Addict
10 Year Member
Yep, so the daily use system that just says "POW" is a 5v system. Make sure you don't confuse it and use POW3 AC adapter on that one or you could very easily damage it. (5v systems don't have any voltage regulator inside to protect the system.)

The power supply you linked is the replacement for the 5v POW one, so it's not the right supply for your new console. I'm not convinced a new supply will solve the issue, but it's worth a try if you like.
I ordered a new psu from that same website for the POW3 a few days ago. Last night, I ordered a POW psu for my daily use.

Interestingly, this morning I hooked up the new console and it worked. I tried my NeoSD and it booted to the menu. I did not test any games. Though. I will wait for the new psu to come in the mail in case the official psu that came with this system is unstable. As for why I had issues in the first place, I wonder if there was some kind of buildup and the system needed a discharge. But I will test thoroughly after getting the new POW3 PSU.

During this though, I had reached out to the seller and showed him the issues on 5/5. The seller blocked me since I purchased this on ebay and I had opened a return case. Today, he reaches out to me and tells me that he blocked me because he is mentally damaged. I told him that I don't know what that has to due with this other than you may have sold me an unstable console here.

So far, he has been difficult to work with. I am trying to work with ebay to see if maybe his account can be terminated. I noticed he violated some rules thereby wording his auctions to attempt to bully buyers. He is also undermining ebay's protection. I will see how this weeks goes in my interaction with this guy, but so far he needs help.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Too bad about the seller, but the AES might be fine. If the system doesn't work reliably, it's always something that can be fixed, although I realize that may be no comfort to you, since you paid for a working console.