Aero fighters 2 cart sound issues

spanks_4

n00b
It was working fine in my 4 slot big red and then I moved the cab. Now it plays with no sound and no matter what slot I put it in same issue. The weird part is if it has a cart behind it it kills the sound on those carts also.
Anyone have any ideas or have a good place to send it for repair?

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
The cart is probably fine. You should clean the cart and 4 slots on the board, and clear the backup ram on the 4-slot board.

spanks_4

n00b
So I did the clear and when I put af2 back in slot 2 by itself it worked fine. Then I put all the carts back in and everything was good except sound of af2 was dead again. Swapped slot 1 with 2 and now all 4 are working. Dirty mobo slots or maybe cart edge causing issues??

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Sounds like it's fine. You might try a better cleaning with an electronic contact cleaner like Deoxit D5. But it's normal to have issues on multislots depending on the combination of carts. They don't always play nice together, and some times you have to swap the carts around.

spanks_4

n00b
I have some deoxit coming tomorrow that I’m going to clean the carts and sockets with. Thanks to you and bigbear for the help on this!