AC: WW virtual item gift at TRU from Nintendo

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
Ho ho ho ho:

http://www.nintendo.com/newsarticle?articleid=RlLF0BD3gA88kphk0EneITfWQbz9_y7w&page=other

Nintendo.com said:
Get Yer Red-Hot Virtual Gift. Only at Toys "R" Us!

Jul 11, 2006

Download a virtual gift for your Animal Crossing: Wild World!

One of six very unique Animal Crossing: Wild World virtual gifts are awaiting you at your nearest Toys "R" Us store July 23-30. Trade 'em, sell 'em or decorate your home with 'em. Your Friends will be Mario-red with envy.

To get your virtual gift:

1. Insert your Animal Crossing: Wild World Game Card into your Nintendo DS. Power up.
2. Purchase Bottle Mail at Tom Nook's Shop.
3. Write a message and release your Bottle Mail into the river or at the beach. Save and end your game.
4. Visit the specially marked Animal Crossing: Wild Word promotion in the video-game section of your nearest Toys 'R Us July 23-30. At the main menu, tap Tag Mode.
5. Watch and wait for something to arrive in your town!
6. Restart your game and comb the beach for Bottle Mail containing a special rare item!

While at Toys 'R Us, be sure to get demos of a hottest new games for DS at the Nintendo DS Download Station!

I haven't seen the Nintendo DS Download Station at my TRU, so I don't really know what to make of this promotion... I can only hope that they'll have it by this Sunday.

I'm so there. Gonna see if I can get multiple items, like, perhaps if I used my old DS and my DS-Lite? A man can dream. :emb:

KagerouSama

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
15 Year Member
bokmeow said:
Ho ho ho ho:

http://www.nintendo.com/newsarticle?articleid=RlLF0BD3gA88kphk0EneITfWQbz9_y7w&page=other

I haven't seen the Nintendo DS Download Station at my TRU, so I don't really know what to make of this promotion... I can only hope that they'll have it by this Sunday.

I'm so there. Gonna see if I can get multiple items, like, perhaps if I used my old DS and my DS-Lite? A man can dream. :emb:

Are the NES games in the DS version? Watch it be stuff like Super Tortimer and wallpapers of Super Tortimer.

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
KagerouSama said:
Are the NES games in the DS version? Watch it be stuff like Super Tortimer and wallpapers of Super Tortimer.

No NES games.

Nesagwa

Beard of Zeus,
20 Year Member
KagerouSama said:
Well, darn.

It WOULD be cool if they handed some out, but that would probably mean they would need to be in the game code already.

Itll probably be something lame like Geoffery themed undewear.

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
I heard a rumor that the items were going to be stuff from New Super Mario Brothers. I wonder how my little town has been, I haven't played it since January.

bokmeow

Grrr, I'm pissed that the Toys R Us closest to me did not have this promised gift. I'm gonna go to the one close to Woodbridge Center to see if they have it. I may call ahead just so that I do not waste the gas.

bokmeow

The secret of the virtual item gift is out:

http://forums.nintendo.com/nintendo/board/message?board.id=animal_crossing_ww&message.id=866152

There are 6 monkey villagers that cannot be unlocked through normal means, entering tag mode will unlock the monkeys and place one in the queue for next villager to move into your town. Also, you'll pick up 1 of 6 Mario items at the beach, those are 1-up mushroom, ? block, flag pole, fire bar, green pipe, and the star. You can send multiple bottled letters and get multiple chances of getting the item, so you can rinse lather repeat until you get them all.

bokmeow

I'm glad I stopped by Toys R Us yesterday, looks like they finally turned the promotion on, curse them for not having it setup on Sunday, which was supposed to be the first day of promotion. It took a while, but I now have 2 spare sets of the promotional items, along with a lot of extra 1-up mushrooms, green pipes, and ? blocks. With the exception of the starman and the firebar, they are all interactive toys, and they play sound effects, firebar even plays the castle level music :buttrock: