3 Burning Fight revisions

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
This isn't the most exciting news but I thought I'd share for posterity and extra hobo blojos.

All my copies of Burning Fight have different board revisions. The first has Toshiba chips on PROG42G1 and CHA42G1 boards and is not currently on MVS Scans. The second has different chips on older, SNK-repaired PROG42G and CHA42G boards. The third also has off-brand chips, different cap layout, and other subtle differences to the first.

Do any other revisions exist?

DSC01969.JPG

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
Are there any gameplay differences between the three revisions?

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Wow it's a turd with chocolate, strawberry and vanilla flavor.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
You're a good fella wyo.

But srsly, in 2014 who gives a shit about burning fart?

Last edited:

ballzdeepx

Rugal's Secretary
20 Year Member
That's pretty interesting, and it would be amazing if there were different variants on the hobo blojo itself, like maybe in R1 he was a bit standoffish, R2, he still had some pride but let you stick it in, but by R3 he practically jams his skull onto your rod.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
IIRC neoturfmasta had a Burning Fight proto where the three playable characters looked different and it's only two stages long. Have you plugged this in to see if it plays any different?

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Andsuchisdeath was looking to see if there were different revisions, might want to check those carts out. At least I know he'd be interested.

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
IIRC neoturfmasta had a Burning Fight proto where the three playable characters looked different and it's only two stages long. Have you plugged this in to see if it plays any different?

I have 2 protos of this, but only one is a very early prototype. The pics in the first post are final releases, I doubt there are any noticeable differences.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
All 3 are the regular version. I submitted the board scans, Tyranix :)

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Andsuchisdeath was looking to see if there were different revisions, might want to check those carts out. At least I know he'd be interested.

This is kind of a sore subject for me. Sadly, my quest came to a premature demise.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
That's pretty interesting, and it would be amazing if there were different variants on the hobo blojo itself, like maybe in R1 he was a bit standoffish, R2, he still had some pride but let you stick it in, but by R3 he practically jams his skull onto your rod.

I don't have anything to add to the conversation, but this is one of the best posts I've read in a while. Ballz is like the under-appreciated version of Spoon.

Maybe I'll crack open my Burning Fight later and see if it's one of the revisions that wyo posted.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
I don't have anything to add to the conversation, but this is one of the best posts I've read in a while. Ballz is like the under-appreciated version of Spoon.

Agreed.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Maybe I'll crack open my Burning Fight later and see if it's one of the revisions that wyo posted.

Mine is the one with the ugly green cables hack and the capacitors badly soldered (the one in the middle).

Regards.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member

I have 2 protos of this, but only one is a very early prototype. The pics in the first post are final releases, I doubt there are any noticeable differences.

What the heck is he saying on the character selection at the beginning? Is that even English?

cr8zykuban0

Igniz's Servent
wow, thats pretty crazy how all 3 boards have different chips on them. kinda wonder if they were all done by snk.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
wow, thats pretty crazy how all 3 boards have different chips on them. kinda wonder if they were all done by snk.

I think the chips are the same on all boards, just different manufacturer. Left boards have Toshiba chips, the other two have Hitachi IIRC (HN prefix). However the middle boards look very crappy, I thought my Burning Fight was a bootleg until I saw the exact same crappy boards on mvs-scans.com and then this thread.

Regards.