2020 super baseball graphical glitching

Reaperman

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I just got a 2020 super baseball, and noticed graphical glitching on my Omega/framemeister. I cleaned it with alcohol, then with electronics cleaner, and when I tried it in my mv1f it plays fine.

It's a rapidly moving glitch with ghosting, almost as if the sync is wrong. So it's probably either something about mv1c contacts, mv1c compatibility, or how my framemeister handles something it's trying to do.

Can anybody point me in the right direction on this one?

Reaperman

Kuroko's Training Dummy
So I don't know what was causing this, but I do know what cleared it up. Framemeister sync_level of 22 or beyond.

I have no idea how sync level really works, but I've never really had it past the default of 20 before. I garble more of the screen in super baseball 2020 the lower I go. I had been running a sync level of 19 per this old thread, on all systems for years. IIRC it cleared up a scanline issue on the rest of the games. I don't know if it's just my copy of the game, or if it's all of them, but I'm posting back here for future searches of this issue.

Perhaps this relates to the white bar on the right side of my screen which is still there, but doesn't seem to be in online emulator videos of 2020.

Last edited:

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
If you have a supergun and use multiple arcade systems/boards w/the xrgb you'll find adjusting the sync is a necessity. I even had to adjust it to get my CDZ to work properly vs my Omega. The behavior you saw is generally an indicator sync is off and may only happen in certain parts of games.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
I will try this game on my MV-1C with Framemeister and report back. It would be weird to have the problem only with a certain game