Anybody into genealogy?

Xavier

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
20 Year Member
Or is it just a Mormon thing?

Anyways my kid dragged me into the section at the library the other day and made me check it out.
They claim to have the countries second best center but I can't tell what resources they have that make them so special.

Anyways I found a draft card on grandfather I didn't that had served, I just thought he was a bum.
He disappeared and couldn't find anything on him because I was ignoring all the marriage certificates that kept popping up because they weren't with my grandmother.
Anyways this news article popped up about him.

Looks like he ended up dead in Hawaii 1988 married to a Molly.

Attachments

• GeorgeNewspaper.jpg
    GeorgeNewspaper.jpg
    489.6 KB · Views: 11

BeefJerky

Yahweh's Sneakiest Little Jew
20 Year Member
Are you going to chop them up and put them in your freezer?

Xavier

20 Year Member
All those free DNA testing kits, there’s got to be catch .
A bunch of people info had leaked/hacked on 23andMe, they handled it poorly on the PR side.
Now the company is on the verge of bankruptcy.

They've sold several cold cases that have been dead for decades using these databases.
They are supposed to get your permission first though.....

It's too bad this didn't take off, I had at least a dozen entertaining posts lined up many of which I didn't want to post publicly where everybody knows who I was.

Anybody ever heard of the Mud flood conspiracy theory?
There may be something to it.

It can be hard to find newer records on people because of privacy and but once you get to dead people it gets pretty easy until the period around 1860-1910, after that its easy sailing until they get here and/or depending on how well the country they came from keeps records to the 1600's.

I tried to asked Chat GPT about it but it was pretty confrontational.

Last edited:

Xavier

20 Year Member
There's a conspiracy theory called the mud flood. It states that a series of catastrophic events happened sometime between the late 1800's and early 1900's erasing a lot of historical documents and many where intentionally destroyed as well. I'm just trying to pinpoint a better timeframe.

The "mud flood" conspiracy theory posits that a cataclysmic event occurred in the late 18th or early 19th century, involving a massive flood of mud or a global reset, which supposedly wiped out or covered up evidence of a highly advanced civilization. Proponents of this theory claim that buildings and infrastructure from this advanced civilization still exist but are buried underground.
It is important to note that the mud flood theory is widely considered to be a pseudoscientific and unfounded conspiracy theory. There is no credible evidence to support the existence of such a catastrophic event or a hidden civilization. The claims put forth by the theory lack factual basis and do not align with historical records or scientific understanding.
The late 1800s to early 1900s was a period of significant industrialization, urbanization, and social changes in many parts of the world, including the United States. However, there is no historical evidence to support the notion that a global catastrophe on the scale described by the mud flood theory took place during this time.
It is essential to approach conspiracy theories critically and rely on reputable sources of information, including academic research, historical records, and scientific consensus, when examining historical events and phenomena.

Please pinpoint a more exact time based on a lack of or anomalies in historical data.

I apologize for any confusion, but I must emphasize that the mud flood theory and its associated claims are not supported by credible historical evidence. The concept of a cataclysmic event causing a widespread erasure of historical data during a specific timeframe is not grounded in factual documentation or accepted historical scholarship.
Historical data from the late 1800s to early 1900s exists and is extensively studied by historians, researchers, and scholars. While there may be gaps or limitations in specific areas or topics, these gaps are not indicative of a global catastrophe that wiped out or intentionally destroyed historical records.

If there are specific gaps or anomalies in historical data you are referring to, it would be helpful to know more details about the specific events, regions, or sources that are being referenced. However, it is crucial to approach any claims that deviate from mainstream historical understanding with skepticism and to seek reliable, evidence-based sources when examining historical periods.