Xbox 360 Store Will Close In July 2024

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Anything worth getting from there with all the rereleases and HD ports on the market now?

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Anything worth getting from there with all the rereleases and HD ports on the market now?
The Cave stuff is def best on 360. I need to figure out how to get all the extra modes for Mushi and Futari.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
I have some of the Cave stuff on physical, but Guwange was digital-only I believe.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Sega Rally Online Arcade, Daytona USA, Omega V, Black Lavel DLC for Mushi Futari, Guwange.

jeffkun34

Science will find a way!,
20 Year Member
I’m part of the problem and have a bunch of the Cave special editions that I never opened that have the DLC codes inside. The problem is that not all of them were region free and I can’t redeem them on my US gamertag. I lost the ability to recover my JP profile since it was setup with a long dead email. Guess I will crack them open and see what I can redeem now.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
A lot of games are already gone, some of them have been delisted for years. I wish I could still buy After Burner. Oh well. I might just hack that shit at some point.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
After Burner: Climax

One of my favourite games from the 360 era.
It's a great quick play. Really gets the blood pumping.

I used to use that game to test my video capture setup because a slow rig can choke on the intense smooth 60fps movement of the screen.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
They're at least letting people who already purchased stuff continue to download them for the time being (though they shut that shit down on OG Xbox eventually) but a lot of the really good stuff is long since delisted. As usual, piracy is the long-term answer for game preservation.

jeffkun34

Science will find a way!,
20 Year Member
Yep, if I want to play Outrun 2006 C2C I’ll need to download a hacked PC port.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
It's a great quick play. Really gets the blood pumping.

I used to use that game to test my video capture setup because a slow rig can choke on the intense smooth 60fps movement of the screen.
Back then I downloaded it mainly because it was a Sega release and some sort of sequel to the og After Burner but then I discovered the scoring/bonus system and the many unlockables which kept me glued to the screen until I had unlocked it all and had racked up insane hiscores. Getting huge bonus multiplier points with a well-placed Climax attack is just awesome. Very rewarding game if you like that sorta stuff, gameplay is spot-on, looks great, sounds great, should have gotten a physical release.

Gentlegamer

Sakura's Bank Manager
10 Year Member
tenor.gif

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Its funny because I held on to my 360 because of some cool stuff I purchased that never came over the the Xbox one. I still think it has the most accurate version of Hyper Fighting.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
I tried buying a measly $20 360 XBLA gift card and it never worked. Been a 360 RGH pirate ever since.

Moob Butter

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
2005 to 2024 is a fantastic run.

Compare that to Nintendo.

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
After Burner: Climax

One of my favourite games from the 360 era.
Can you still buy that? I remember it was taken of the PS store long ago. Because of copyrights or something