Breakers Revenge Chicago

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
From 2 days ago, but no thread.

Some people don't know the history behind why it's called Chicago. Of course we at n-g.com know. We even kicked a guy who was showing footage of the proto to the War Room.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
When they do the inevitable home release it would be a great opportunity to include the Crystal Legacy/Tenrin no Syo Chicago prototype.

yagamikun

Maxima's Barber
20 Year Member
Any way to get more people to play this game the better. It's one of Visco's most solid releases - if not their best. Glad it's getting some additional love. Much fun.

Seems to be an additional meter/mechanic tied to the "Chicago/Revenge" theme - there's a moniker and meter below the life bar but no indication on the video or on the EXA website about anything additional. Would be curious if there are additional balance changes over vanilla Revenge as well.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
I posted in Arcade Central, EX Arcadia made like 12+ new announcements the past two days

Geddon_jt

Creator of the Master List,
20 Year Member
I'm not sure what the mood/consensus is about the Exa here at N-g.com these days.
But I have one and it's amazing.
It's crazy expensive. But Neo Geo was too. And at its best Exa definitely feels like Neo Geo.
Gimmick!, Batsugun and P47 Aces on Exa.... [chefs kiss]
"It is so choice" - Ferris Bueller
no doubt Breaker's Revenge on Exa will be the definitive version of the game. Thrilled to see it and ROTD coming.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
When they do the inevitable home release

They don’t make straight up ports of exa games (please correct me if I’m wrong). The Batsugun version on exa is different than the one that we got for consoles. No contest the exa version was better. The whole thing behind exa is to get you to play the actual arcade cabs and keep them exclusive to the arcade.

Last edited:

Geddon_jt

Creator of the Master List,
20 Year Member
They don’t make straight up ports of exa games (please correct me if I’m wrong). The Batsugun version on exa is different than the one that we got for consoles. No contest the exa version was better. The whole thing behind exa is to get you to play the actual arcade cabs and keep them exclusive to the arcade.

I think the Exa is at its best when it is doing sort of re-mastered ultimate editions of older games. Batsugun, Dodonpachi True Death, Crimson Katana, Gimmick!, P47 Aces all feel that way to me, as I'm sure the Neo fighter ports do, though I haven't tried those myself yet.

yagamikun

Maxima's Barber
20 Year Member
Okay - so different modes of play. Kind of like "isims" The Chicago ism allows short hops, like many other SNK fighters. The game was already ultra aggressive, but this looks really cool!