Daily Check: What shooters are you guys playing ATM?

KaedesDisciple

Angel's Love ,
20 Year Member
Struggling to get a clear on thunder force IV and getting closer to a clear on MUSHA. Just recently got a clear on Soldier Blade. I came to 16 bit shooters later in life and now absolutely loving it. Have so many more good ones to blast through.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Ginga Force- Not digging this at all. I could get over the game looking as dull as it does if anything actually felt good but it doesn't. Nothing has any impact, the verizontal nature doesn't make good use of the screen space and the store/upgrade system sucks since all the upgrades are crappy.

VJP

New Challenger
Espgaluda, Layer Section and X Multiply. Need to get that 1cc in Espgaluda

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
Aero Fighters 2, an oldie but a goodie for the Neo Geo.

Also been playing Dodonpachi Daioujou. I've never played a Cave shooter before, it is quite the trip to play a bullet hell, the patterns get very overwhelming by about stage 3, yet it keeps bringing me back to try some more.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Gekioh Shooting King/Shienryu (PSX) - It wasn't very innovative when it came out but looks awesome and plays very well. The SAT version considered as the best original home port but I'm good with the PSX port for now, I mean, yeah, the original (and SAT port) loops after the endboss and the PSX version doesn't but I won't make it that far anyway so no complaints from me here.

ThunderForce V (PSX) - Love it since day one, awesome game, challenging, looks and specially sounds great, a real treat.

ThunderForce VI (PS2) - I like it, not the greatest TF game but solid overall and just fun to play. Keeps me on me toes.