US Soldiers marry Iraqis against Orders, must wait 8 months

aria

Former Moderator
Here's an odd, modern day version of Star-Crossed lovers.

Still, I can imagine an amusing reprimand coming from their CO: "Married? I said you could sleep with'em, heck, maybe even knock'em up, but marryin'em was strictly out-of-bounds. Now go clean the head."

---------
Soldiers Must Wait for Their Iraqi Wives
By BILL KACZOR, Associated Press Writer

PENSACOLA, Fla. - Two National Guard soldiers who married Iraqi women against their commander's wishes will have to wait at least eight months to return home with their brides, according to a lawyer for one of the soldiers.

The women's visas will take at least that long to process by mail because the State Department is not issuing visas in Iraq, said Richard Alvoid, an attorney hired by Sgt. Sean Blackwell's family.

The wait could be even longer if the military decides to charge the men with disobeying orders, Alvoid said.

Blackwell, 27, and Cpl. Brett Dagen, 37, were Christians who converted to Islam so they could be married under Iraqi law. Their commanders took the unusual step of ordering the men not to marry.

The soldiers, members of the 3rd Battalion of the Florida Guard's 124th Infantry, are expected to remain in Iraq at least until February. The men had wanted to send their wives, both physicians, to the United States sooner because of threats from anti-American Iraqis.

The men have been restricted to their bases since the double wedding in August, and they have not been allowed to see or speak to their wives since then, the soldiers' mothers said Monday.

Capt. Jason Beck, a spokesman for the 3rd Battalion of the Florida Guard's 124th Infantry, did not return a call seeking comment Monday.

Alvoid said he has received word from the Judge Advocate General's Office that charges have not been filed but the soldiers were under investigation.

Lt. Col. Ron Tittle, spokesman for the Florida National Guard in St. Augustine, said earlier this month that the soldiers' battalion commander had been worried the marriages might distract his troops from their mission and compromise their safety.

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
Join the army, see the world, marry exotic women:D

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Well, stuff like this is bond to happen... and I mean... Oh.. really I have no comment, it is all just stupid!

-Nick

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Shred said:
Why did these idiots have to be from Florida?

Has no one told you of the FL curse yet?

-Nick (who usually doesn't admit he is from FL)

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
I'm not sure how to look at this.

I mean, a lot fo these FOB chicks will get hitched with a guy that can give them a greencard, and not long after getting the greencard they request a divorce. Why stick with these guys that bring them home? They want to go out, shop, and meet other men. This is just a way to get in on the fun.

gt6plus

Another Striker
20 Year Member
Reminds me of the great book "Sayornara" by Michener......great read.

neobuyer

Master of Disguise,
Once you get the sand out of their pubes, their pussies taste like falafel.

I swear.

slerch666

updyke,
I agree with the greencard philosophy. I mean, we've been in Iraq for what, 5-7 months? Is that all it takes someone to decide to get married?

Shred

Bead Banger
nruva said:
Has no one told you of the FL curse yet?

-Nick (who usually doesn't admit he is from FL)

Other than the apparent flocks of ignorant old yankees. Or the Cuban invasion of South Florida?

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Florida is a nest of morons only second to New Jersey.

As far as the enterprising Iraqi women are concerned, they're merely piggybacking on the chaps of dumb service men so they can enter the US and start the real (rich and wealthy) man-hunt.

Shred

Bead Banger
Magnaflux said:

Probably because only half the morons moved from New Jersey to Florida.
Seriously the only thing rarer than a dodo bird is a real Floridian.

aria

Former Moderator
Shred said:
Probably because only half the morons moved from New Jersey to Florida.
Seriously the only thing rarer than a dodo bird is a real Floridian.

Funny in both parts.

Though I've never seen it, I think you'd appreciate the movie "Sunshine State" which addresses your second sentence.

Magnaflux said:

As far as the enterprising Iraqi women are concerned, they're merely piggybacking on the chaps of dumb service men so they can enter the US and start the real (rich and wealthy) man-hunt.

Either that, or these same middle eastern hotties (no doubt) are going to use these G.I.'s as a way of infiltrating the USA. *The fact that the men willingly became followers of Islam just to get hitched is already a good win on their behalf... thus the poon has already won one for the Zipper. *As someone (I believe Evil Wasabi) mentioned... they'll more than likely have unreconciliable differences with their American husbands, and go off and find someone of their own nationality, and could build the "Cells" that will further cause havoc on home soil down the road. Personally, those GI JOES did it for the nookie, or they felt sorry for the hotties (Hey man I've seen a lot of great/delicious looking Middle Eastern women, but I'd never change my faith to marry one)... and thus the Zipper lost this battle. I could be wrong, but there's always an ulterior motive behind most ppl's actions no matter what they are, even unknown to themselves at times... This just sounds like an all too good to be true. *Then again those JOES just might have landed some good gals and they'll be happily married until age 89 or something. Either way this is indeed a bit odd. Reminds me of that TV-Movie: The Princess & The Marine that came and went sometime ago in the late 90's on television.

MD20XX / Storm Rider

Are these soldiers of ours out of their fucking minds to be not only forgoing Christ, but converting to one of the most hated religions we know of nowadays to marry an Iraqi woman?

:( :eek: :crying: :oh_no: :eek_2:

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
Electroman said:
Are these soldiers of ours out of their fucking minds to be not only forgoing Christ, but converting to one of the most hated religions we know of nowadays to marry an Iraqi woman?

:( :eek: :crying: :oh_no: :eek_2:

Que fuck....

this just means that religion can be changed as quickly as tv channels without changing their way life,religion is a thing of the past ...let it go...

BTW people getting hitched
in extreme circumstance is quite normal,not that both these women are doctors some their probably quite intelligent and hoping to get out of iraq before it turns in to an islamitic state thanks to the US of course

FeelGood

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
Ever see the Tommy Lee Jones movie, Heaven and Earth? In the chance that these women actually do love their American husbands, the US families they return to will very likely treat them like whores after the honeymoon. There's ugliness to watch out for on both sides.

MegaDrive 20XX said:
Either that, or these same middle eastern hotties (no doubt) are going to use these G.I.'s as a way of infiltrating the USA. *The fact that the men willingly became followers of Islam just to get hitched is already a good win on their behalf... thus the poon has already won one for the Zipper. *As someone (I believe Evil Wasabi) mentioned... they'll more than likely have unreconciliable differences with their American husbands, and go off and find someone of their own nationality, and could build the "Cells" that will further cause havoc on home soil down the road. Personally, those GI JOES did it for the nookie, or they felt sorry for the hotties (Hey man I've seen a lot of great/delicious looking Middle Eastern women, but I'd never change my faith to marry one)... and thus the Zipper lost this battle. I could be wrong, but there's always an ulterior motive behind most ppl's actions no matter what they are, even unknown to themselves at times... This just sounds like an all too good to be true. *Then again those JOES just might have landed some good gals and they'll be happily married until age 89 or something. Either way this is indeed a bit odd. Reminds me of that TV-Movie: The Princess & The Marine that came and went sometime ago in the late 90's on television.

MD20XX / Storm Rider

prof

A Great Place to Store Your Dildo Collection
I wonder if they are still married…
If you google "Sgt. Sean Blackwell married Iraq woman" there are several articles and photos of them up to 2010 where they have children. The 'GQ' story on them from 2007 is practically a novel. I read a bit of it, and it seems to have been a sweet forbidden romance, but I checked out after a bit, way more info than anyone needs. Haha