NG.DEV Team MVS Carts - Nuances/Issues?

mmsadda

Just buy my shit. Seriously. You can call me Susan
10 Year Member
I just got a Kraut Buster. Is it supposed to work exactly the same as a official cart in a multi-slot MVS? (I. E. Switching between games with the button, working with other carts.) The cart works in Slot #1, but not in other slots (shows a z80 error when pressing joystick in menu in those other slots,) and it seems like it has to be the only cart inserted for things to work. Is that normal?

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
Sounds kind of common for new carts that need a little more power. Same problem with the 161 in 1 or NeoSD I guess.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Sounds about right. The carts are very nonstandard. They have a boot up sequence when powered on. They impose restrictions on the Unobios and on putting the games to commercial use. It wouldn't suprise me at all if they aren't compliant with multi-slot boards, beyond the ability to at least run the game.

Johnny16Bit

Camel Slug
We have a similar problem with our games - the selection cursor just won't move on multislots, and will remain stuck on our game's title.
We don't know what the exact issue but it doesn't seem power related; the carts we use don't need the extra oomph to work.
Just consider the game switching won't work :)

mmsadda

Just buy my shit. Seriously. You can call me Susan
10 Year Member
OK, thanks for the info everyone! Not convenient, but it's good to know there's nothing malfunctioning.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Honestly multislot boards only work right with original games, and even then certain combinations of newer official games can cause issues.

I restored my 4-slot cab by installing a 4-slot board, but I honestly use the 4-slot board like it's a 1-slot most of the time these days. The NeoSD is in there for convenience, and pick-n-mix gets used for parties.