OFFICIAL N-G.com Star Trek Thread

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Legacy may still happen, but it won't be soon. Unfortunately, the new Starfleet Academy series is soaking up that budget. Frankly, I'm sick of the 32nd century crap.

I get their logic behind not oversaturating the franchise, but that's definitely not the one they should be skipping out on to avoid it. With how much everyone loved season 3 of Picard (and rightfully so), it's a tremendous missed opportunity.

Don't hold your breath on a Picard movie either. I love that Pat Stew is super down for another go and I definitely wouldn't mind if they did it, but I don't think it'll happen.

I'll watch season 5 of Discovery when it's mostly out so I can binge it. I just really hope it's not more "carrot on a string" storytelling with even more "blue and sepia everything" lighting, and everyone's favorite, intense Burnham whispering.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
This kid I was friends with in elementary school named Lucas died this week...I like star trek and all too...rip op😔

*I am allowed to post based on my feelings/emotions🔪😅🦝😁

Fygee

20 Year Member
Wait, let me try to penetrate the autism and parse that. You saying the OP was that kid you were friends with and he passed away?

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
A Kelvin prequel makes zero sense.

Can we please just get a Trek series or film that is post-Picard?

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
I don't really like the direction that most of the Star Trek franchise has taken since the 2009 reboot movie.
Picard was good, but that was because it retained a lot of the old way they made Star Trek (for example, Klingons still looked like the old TNG Klingons). If they do Legacy, then hopefully it would be a continuation of that approach. The first season of Legacy would be sort of like a fourth season of Picard.

Last edited:

Fygee

20 Year Member
Slight bit of hope there about him mentioning finding a new home.

I'm really bummed Paramount is cancelling it. It's a popular series and I wouldn't think it would be all that expensive to produce (relatively) since it's 2D animation.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
Evidently the "Tilly" character is supposed to be a main in Star Trek Academy, which I guess is a spinoff of Discovery?

Fucking why? Shes one of the worst characters on the show. Where's the Saru spinoff. No one gives a shit about Tilly.

Dinodoedoe

Bub & Bob's Bub,
20 Year Member
Tilly grew on me, but I have zero interest in Star Trek Academy. Super bummed that Lower Decks is getting the Axe after Season 5. All I am hoping for is that Star Trek Strange New World will now get a proper 22 episode season now that Disco, LD, and (Probably) Prodigy is being canceled.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Tilly grew on me, but I have zero interest in Star Trek Academy. Super bummed that Lower Decks is getting the Axe after Season 5. All I am hoping for is that Star Trek Strange New World will now get a proper 22 episode season now that Disco, LD, and (Probably) Prodigy is being canceled.
Tilly only became less annoying as it went on because incoming characters were even worse

Fygee

20 Year Member
Nu-Trek as a derisive term should really only apply to Discovery.

Picard was OK, SNW is great, and Lower Decks is excellent after S1.
Summed up my feelings perfectly, though I did enjoy Discovery Seasons 1 and especially 2. 3 was ok, 4 was blech. Prodigy was also great and better than it had any right to be.

Strange New Worlds and Picard season 3 should be their template going forward for live action shows.

I really couldn't care at all about this new Academy show. The 32nd century setting is really lame and this one is going to be geared towards teens.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I’m with you on 32nd century trek. It’s just bleh. Zero interest in an academy show based on presumably character drama.