Does the barber cut your eyebrows?

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
End of a haircut, the barber says to me should I just run the clippers over your eyebrows. I said sure, why not, but I'd never been asked that before.

That was maybe 3 years ago, but now they ask everytime, and at multiple different barbers.

So is this just a new thing barbers do? Or is this because I'm getting older and sprouting the kind of hair that can only disgust?

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
So is this just a new thing barbers do? Or is this because I'm getting older and sprouting the kind of hair that can only disgust?
A bit of both.

I've only experienced it since moving to Canada, so about three years... So long as they don't start trying to thread them and give my nails a french polish, we're all good.

Hippo

SEARCH, FUNCTION, GOD!,
15 Year Member
Three slits in the eyebrows and maybe a part on the side

Attachments

• IMG_4166.jpeg
    IMG_4166.jpeg
    145.7 KB · Views: 3

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
End of a haircut, the barber says to me should I just run the clippers over your eyebrows. I said sure, why not, but I'd never been asked that before.

That was maybe 3 years ago, but now they ask everytime, and at multiple different barbers.

Not sure if this is a trend. It's probably because you're getting older and your eyebrows are gradually starting to resemble Martin Scorsese's.

I hit my own ear, nose and eyebrow hair with a trimmer every couple of weeks before they start sprouting all over the place.

sr20det510

Whip's Subordinate
The only time a barber has asked me about cutting my eyebrow/s was when he accidentally cut the hair near my temple and cut off the edge of my eyebrow. He showed me his mistake and asked if he could cut the other side to match.

It wasn't bad at all and no one noticed or asked about the eyebrows. I ended up with a free haircut that day.

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
I hit my own ear, nose and eyebrow hair with a trimmer every couple of weeks before they start sprouting all over the place.
Dude you're from Yorkshire. You've been doing that routine since you were old enough to hold a fucking spoon.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Eyebrows def get wild as you get older. Been having my barber take care of it for a few years. Luckily my ears aren’t too bad yet.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Truthfully I ask everytime now, I almost look at it as treat at the end of my haircut. Sometimes I do it myself between haircuts as I get long hairs poking out.

I don’t look like George the Animal Steel and am not vain or anything but I can grow a beard in like a day and a half, so I have upkeep ears nose and the perimeter of my ears.

Yamazaki

Baseball Star Hitter
15 Year Member
I went to a barber shop once back in 2002 in Tokyo - the guy asked me after cutting my hair whether I want to have my eyebrows completey shaved off.

I politely declined.

Reactions: VJP

Jaelus

Over Top Auto Mechanic
15 Year Member
Yeah man my barber trims my whole head, eyebrows, nose, ears, shave, hot towel, massage, the works.

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
So I experienced this a couple of years ago and the technique was a comb against the brow - then clipper what was sticking through. I've since mastered this technique at home and do it once every two weeks. I have some good nose hair clippers that can take care of any stragglers (and ears). The joys of being older - but YOU TOO can remain fresh and clean.

Johnny16Bit

Camel Slug
Not doing it results in Boris Karloff X Pai Mei looks, and silly "eyebrow dressing" gestures.

sirlynxalot

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
Fagit of the Year
No one has ever offered to shave my eyebrows. You guys all have unibrows or something?

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
They do, and it is welcomed. I have a few patches that get a bit crazy now. Assuming this will get worse as I age. I'm already getting hair out of my ears.
I bought my own trimmer, and they haven't asked in a while.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
When I was a kid, my mom used to take me to a barber who always cut my ears...without fail every...single...time! After that, my mom would cut my hair, then my sister. Now that they've been gone for years, it's me looking in the bathroom mirror with a pair of scissors weekly. And as far as I can remember, no eyebrow trim back then. Haircut, shave with a straight razor (not me though, not quite old enough back then) and the hot towel over the face, then the face powder and brush-off.

Damn but I'm old :(

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I go to one of those shitty chain places.

So no, they don’t ask and I don’t think I’ve ever had the same person cut my hair twice.

I should find a barber. The prices at the place I usually go to are outrageous.

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
So I experienced this a couple of years ago and the technique was a comb against the brow - then clipper what was sticking through. I've since mastered this technique at home and do it once every two weeks. I have some good nose hair clippers that can take care of any stragglers (and ears). The joys of being older - but YOU TOO can remain fresh and clean.
This is absolutely the way to do it, clipper over a comb and keep them not too crazy.

I'm hairy AF and it's pretty necessary maintenance with my normal haircut and beard trim.